New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new membership system called Membee. All ACD Club Members will be receiving an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.
This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

for the love of cords

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
05 Feb 2020 13:48 #39457 by STEVEN.KUIPER
Replied by STEVEN.KUIPER on topic for the love of cords
i don't want this to become a cord "toy" section of the forum. i'm always looking for interesting uses of the cord image. i think the next couple photos speak to many hours of hand work on some fairly common wyandotte cord toy cars. they sort of fill out the model line.
i found these listed on ebay. apparently, a few of each were hand created by altering the familiar pressed steel cars. the company was called new era toys. marvin silverstein was the owner. these were created 20 years back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
10 Mar 2020 12:09 #39692 by STEVEN.KUIPER
as winter ends, how about something to keep you warm in the back seat...a cord blanket. i think some sort of commemorative from auburn. i'd would have bought it but, owner would not ship. anyone have one?
Attachments:

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
11 Mar 2020 04:29 #39696 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic for the love of cords
Yes
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
27 Mar 2020 12:58 #39852 by STEVEN.KUIPER
1st car is said to be a kurtis special. 2nd car is said to be the origianal 1940 huppmobile protoype. both heavily borrowing from the cord design (and from the parts bin too).
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds