for the love of cords

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • STEVEN.KUIPER's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
28 Apr 2018 12:54 #34526 by STEVEN.KUIPER
STEVEN.KUIPER created the topic: for the love of cords
there haven't been any new photos posted here in a while so, here some are. considering the car was a sales failure....it sure does receive a lot of love. here's three very different takes on the cord aura . a ford add from the 1970's, a 1 of "cord" type prototype and a hot rod that apparently thought the stock cord was not already unique enough. sometimes love hurts(to look at).....but the intent of all cord incarnations is that someone loves the style & class of cord cars.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • STEVEN.KUIPER's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
09 May 2018 12:29 #34603 by STEVEN.KUIPER
STEVEN.KUIPER replied the topic: for the love of cords
more love.....1970's hot wheels (1st cord i ever saw), cord watch (appeared recently on ebay) , and an early study for the 1st generation toronado.
Attachments:

• Terry Cockerell
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
13 May 2018 08:54 #34626 by Terry Cockerell
Terry Cockerell replied the topic: for the love of cords
When you compare the original Cords to what was on the road at the same time back in the mid 1930s the Cords do stand out in the midst of a collection of rather bulky and uninspiring automobiles. How to you improve on perfection ? The Cords with eight pipes are too much of a good thing. A recent three wheeler has the front end of a Cord coupled up to one rear wheel and I do not think it will be a sales sensation. Similarly with other look alikes they just don't make the grade.
Gordon Buehrig and his team got it right the first time. The world would be a boring place with out our 810 and 812 Cords.
I rest my case.

T cockerell
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds