810 trunk interior

More
01 Nov 2019 01:34 #38758 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic 810 trunk interior
The filler tube material looks different without the close up on the trunk side.(the lines really don't show up that much}. Earlier this year Rick was using tan/black top material for this application. Black on the filler side/tan on the trunk side. The small piece of original filler material that I have, has the rust wire lines as yours , but could have been the original Hartz cloth which was a green/grey on the outside .
I also have a couple of original jack straps with the stock rusty washers. Judging from the fact that my latch has the same configuration that yours does, neither is bent. That was the configuration that was used, and it works fine after almost 80 years. P.S. My son had me convinced mine was bent also, until I saw the pic of yours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2019 05:57 - 01 Nov 2019 05:58 #38759 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic 810 trunk interior
I am wondering if the fuel tank filler neck covering was the same tan canvas as used for the tool rolls. I would call it a tan lightweight denim. The top material would be identifiable given it has a rubberized later between the inner and outer layers of canvas. A "duck" for the top would be single ply and very light weight - it was used for cosmetics in tops as interior trim. I have played around enough with this stuff that if someone would show me a piece of the filler neck material in person I could probably figure it out.

JMM
Last edit: 01 Nov 2019 05:58 by johnmereness.

More
01 Nov 2019 06:02 #38760 by johnmereness
Here is a tool roll strap from a 1936 Auburn 852 Phaeton - I will take a better picture of it ASAP.

JMM
Attachments:

More
01 Nov 2019 06:13 #38762 by johnmereness
This buckle does not have the bend in it either - I would assume Auburn and Cord used same components to a point given same body manufacturer

JMM
Attachments:

More
02 Nov 2019 00:14 #38766 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic 810 trunk interior
Well, it looks like Cord had more than one buckle supplier during their production time period . I don't know what SN my buckles came from, How about the other 2 examples.

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
03 Nov 2019 18:23 #38776 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic 810 trunk interior
Thanks to the internet, the Club’s website, and contributor members, this is how we improve the breed! From what I’ve seen since the start of the new judging standards, ACD cars coming in for judging, are much improved.
I continue to learn about these great cars.
Thank you all for your interest and contributions of knowledge and pictures!
CORDially, Tim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S, johnmereness

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds