810 trunk interior

More
28 Sep 2019 18:03 #38468 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic 810 trunk interior
I shot this photo of Mark Clayton's trunk at ACD Festival this year - his Cord won Best Of Show - it was pretty spectacular

JMM
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
28 Sep 2019 21:57 - 28 Sep 2019 22:56 #38472 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic 810 trunk interior
John.
This looks like the original trunk lining material that has faded with time and new carpets. This trunk lining has a fine line spacing.
I saw another Cord in the park in 2018 with the same material. I took some pictures of the lining but can't find them. I will keep looking.
Found them! Rick Hulett told me this greyish material had faded a lot and was originally the colour shown in the attached small sample in the last picture.
In the park I just happened to be photographed while taking my pictures.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Sep 2019 22:56 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding pictures and revising text
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

More
29 Sep 2019 00:23 #38473 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic 810 trunk interior
I have numerous emails from Rick this year, that contain pics of original phaeton trunk details, that I discussed very briefly with Jim O Brien at the reunion. He also indicated a willingness to try to correlate/summarize the info if I sent it to him. If we could get enough people to send in info that they have gathered from various sources it would be a step in the right direction. I believe getting it on the web is also the right direction.
Rick , trying to make a buck specializing in interiors, was at the same time extremely free with his knowledge and time, to individuals trying to restore their cars. Hats off to that attitude.
I can see that gathering restoration info is generally popular with those that read and replied to this forum. Is there also a more widely read forum that would reach more eyes?

More
29 Sep 2019 01:14 - 29 Sep 2019 01:19 #38474 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 810 trunk interior
My beverly has its original interior.If any pictures or information is requested in any detail I will share what I have. I do not have the front kick panels under the dash or any trunk lining. My headliner is complete down to the moth holes and the wire stays too. In 58 years of family ownership I have NEVER rolled it out to look it over completely.

Gary Parsons
Last edit: 29 Sep 2019 01:19 by 1748 S.

More
29 Sep 2019 03:01 #38475 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic 810 trunk interior
I didn't get chance to look at Marks trunk as I was soo'd away by one of the judges although I talked to him quite a bit and was very impressed with his knowledge of details. He did say that Rick Hulett went with him when he went to look at the Westchester.
I am surprised however that the lines show on the back side of the rear seat as Rick told me, and his installation instructions say, that the lines should face forward on that piece of material with the raw jute showing in the trunk. Since he didn't have a source for the raw jute he said just turn the piece so the lines face forward.

• Terry Cockerell
More
29 Sep 2019 10:25 - 29 Sep 2019 10:38 #38477 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic 810 trunk interior
John there is a striped trunk lining panel behind the rear seat which is inside the car and then there is another striped panel in the trunk .
Check the attached layout diagram.
On another note I made a drawing of the wires that pass through the head lining which is full size and can be used to make new stays in stainless steel.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Sep 2019 10:38 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding diagram

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds