New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new membership system called Membee. All ACD Club Members will be receiving an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.
This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

810 door sill plates

More
30 Jun 2018 16:26 #34863 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 810 door sill plates
Try posting a picture of the dents in the sill plates. With all the members here that know how to repair metal work I bet someone can tell you how to hammer out from the back side these ugly dents.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wcoye
  • wcoye's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
30 Jun 2018 17:00 #34865 by wcoye
Replied by wcoye on topic 810 door sill plates
Alas , now that I have the sills off I find they are really almost dent free. What I have 82 year old aluminium with deep corrosion pits. I tried to gently scrape the black out off a couple pits with a dental tool. One when right through the metal. No more of that! Some places look as though they were worked and in those places the metal is kinda crisp. After polishing two I find they look a lot better...it's just the remaining faults are more obvious. There is an added plus. Having loosened up the front seat I've found some upholstery issues I can easily fix!
Thanx, Billy Bassoon

Bill Coye
Westchester 2240A
Brag line: Winner of the
2014 Hillsborough Concurs Strother MacMinn award

• wcoye
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
13 Feb 2020 17:28 #39497 by wcoye
Resurrecting a 2 year old topic. Just how high a polish were the 810/12 aluminum door sills real shinny, mirror shinny, or sort of shinny?

Bill Coye
Westchester 2240A

More
13 Feb 2020 18:49 #39498 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 810 door sill plates
Am not able to respond to how shiny but can suggest mixing or experimenting with silver paint to fill in the pits or to color the black stuff. A high gloss lacquer may be all you need.

Gary Parsons

More
14 Feb 2020 02:53 #39499 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic 810 door sill plates
I don’t have his name or contact info and dont know if he is still around but quite a few years ago there was a guy in New Jersey who made repro. Cord door sills that were very nice. Maybe another club member knows if he’s still around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• wcoye
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
14 Feb 2020 16:03 #39501 by wcoye
I have purchased an unpolished repo set. Trying to determine if I have the skill and nerve to polish them myself.

Bill Coye
Westchester 2240A

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds