New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Cord 812 Custom Beverly restoration story

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
03 Jul 2020 22:49 #40464 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Cord 812 Custom Beverly restoration story
The same colour as my Cord interior.
Have a look at my posting in Restoration Tips for the broadcloth manufacturer J & S Taylor in the UK. Nigel will look after you.

T cockerell
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RubyDS
  • RubyDS's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
04 Jul 2020 15:29 #40465 by RubyDS
Replied by RubyDS on topic Cord 812 Custom Beverly restoration story

Terry Cockerell wrote: The same colour as my Cord interior.
Have a look at my posting in Restoration Tips for the broadcloth manufacturer J & S Taylor in the UK. Nigel will look after you.

Thanks Terry for the adrees in uk

More
04 Jul 2020 15:51 #40466 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Cord 812 Custom Beverly restoration story
Two things to consider with woolen broadcloth - blues (an such as reds and ....) seem to have a tendency to fade quickly (or are more noticeable as to fading), so ask what the manufacturer's thoughts regarding fading and the second is the moths like wool, so the car will always need to be moth balled and the smell is not the best. Unfortunately, there are not any suitable alternatives even in the commercial space - sort of a "dammed if I do and dammed if I don't" issue.

JMM

• Terry Cockerell
More
05 Jul 2020 05:32 #40467 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Cord 812 Custom Beverly restoration story
John, I suppose the simplest remedy is to keep the windows wound up when not in use. Another problem are mice, they tend to make homes in the headlining unless the battery box cover is in place. We need to take certain precautions when putting our cars away for safe keeping.
My original headlining had certainly faded but it was mostly out of the direct sunlight for 80 plus years. Recently while removing the seat coverings which were done in the mid 1970s we found the original material behind the front seat was in quite good condition. I suppose we can live with some fading and hope it will be uniform. The best part is owning one , driving it and sharing it.

T cockerell
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

More
08 Jul 2020 14:44 #40481 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Cord 812 Custom Beverly restoration story
Yes, I have seen a lot of mice destroyed/damaged interiors via battery box covers being left off, windows rolled down, and also not per se in Cords, but there are various other holes in bottoms of cars for such as seat venting, wiring, sheet metal design, and ....

Packard's seem to have some sort of express highway from under the car to the headliner - mice must be taught about it as children and put on a quest to find the cars.

I recall taking out a 5 gallon garbage can of mice nests out of a Stutz (and it looked just fine with no interior damage other than car smelled bad and owners had been using it that way) - I was super careful too when cleaning it (known a few people that became sick and had weeks to months of problems from getting into mice nests in cars). The Stutz moved on - not what I want to own in a car (especially on a damp day).

JMM

• RubyDS
  • RubyDS's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
25 Jan 2021 20:57 - 25 Jan 2021 20:58 #42021 by RubyDS
Replied by RubyDS on topic Cord 812 Custom Beverly restoration story
Exhaust system finished
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2021 20:58 by RubyDS.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds