Skip to main content

CORD CREST FROM 810/812 SERIES

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
06 Apr 2007 01:41 #6776 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic NO RHYME OR REASON
I was always told that the Crest was entirely made up. Pure marketing. Perhaps the only things of significance are the three hearts. Hearts mean Love.

In E. L.'s later life, he had a number of ranches with a brand that was an L with a Circle around it. Circle L.

Supposedly L stood for Love, but who knows. The CRL for Circle L eventually made its way to KCRL-TV and KCRL-AM in Reno where I was employed in the early 70's.

It's a stretch from the hearts in the Crest to the Love in Circle L, but that's the current story and I am sticking to it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cbsIII
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
06 Apr 2007 00:57 #6774 by cbsIII
Replied by cbsIII on topic CORD CREST FROM 810/812 SERIES
Is there a heraldic basis for this design, always liked the art but what do the symbols mean? The friendly but buttoned up knight, the hearts, the arrows? Always wondered....

"I work for the Auburn Automobile Company. I am not an automobile race car driver although I hold more world speed records than any other man in the world" -Ab Jenkins 1937

• Picture Gallery
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Registered
More
04 Feb 2007 00:55 #6333 by Picture Gallery
CORD CREST FROM 810/812 SERIES was created by Picture Gallery
This logo was created from the crest fround on the front of a Cord 810 or 812. Click on either image for a larger version.

Large version

Large version