• Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Jun 2010 01:24 #17084 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic hair dryer dent removal
Removing a dent with canned air.
... re=related

"Four wheel drive just means getting stuck in more inacessable places."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• arcor
  • Visitor
02 Apr 2004 01:36 #1520 by arcor
Replied by arcor on topic Long Live the Ding King!
ummm... just having you remove the dents from the geo would cost more than it did.

thanks for the offer but arcor will pass this time, unless you want the satisfaction of helping an acd club member out.

have a nice day

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2004 20:38 #1517 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Ding King at the 2004 Festival
Sure Arcor,

Only $75.00 per dent. Just like all the other Paintless Dent Removal people advertise ...

(Three dents for $199.00)

• arcor
  • Visitor
01 Apr 2004 19:09 #1515 by arcor
Replied by arcor on topic Long Live the Ding King!
U coming to Auburn this year with the King Kong Ding Thing? U can use my 66 Galaxie in a How-To-Do demo for everyone. Then U can can use my 98 Contour, then U can use the 97 geo $500 car as a demo. How about it? :D If you do, arcor be your best friend.

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Mar 2004 23:56 #1498 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Dents
Hi John,

This product is OK for drivers like my car. It will not restore a Pebble Beach finish unless you really get lucky.

I am going to post a few before and after photos. It can definately make a ding easier to live with until you get the time and money to take your car to a body shop.

Let me know if you get decent results. I bought my kit at Pep Boys. Just don't expect a miracle.

Bill H.

• John Trittschuh
  • Visitor
28 Mar 2004 22:26 #1497 by John Trittschuh
Replied by John Trittschuh on topic Ding King
Thanks for the advice. We all get these things even on our daily (regular)cars. I'll try it out. I never like the results from the body shops about two years later when their work starts to mellow.

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Mar 2004 00:24 #1496 by Bill Hummel
Long Live the Ding King! was created by Bill Hummel
Anyone else tried one of the Ding Kings that are advertised on TV by that loudmouth Billy Mays?

I just spent the afternoon trying one out, and I must say, it works pretty well!

Before I turned it loose on the hood of my Cord Cabriolet, I used my duaghter's Jeep Grand Cherokee and my brother Peter's BMW as guinea pigs.

You have to use the device on cool metal. If the car is warm, then the hot glue gets gooey and you don't get that loud POP! that signals the metal is returning to its original shape. You also have to be patient. Don't expect dents to come out with a single pop.

Large dents - you have to work your way from the edges in a circular pattern towards the center.

Small dents - Just keep popping away and the dents will slowly but surely disappear.

The Ding King did not do a good job on my wife's GMC Envoy, but it had a crease in its dent. The Ding King does not do well with creases or very deep dents with very steep sides.

Once I had fixed the Jeep and the Beamer, it was time to see what the Ding King would do with 70-year old metal. I had several big shallow dents in my hood - they were almost ripples. The Ding King got rid of 95% of them. You have to really look close to see any waves in my hood now. (I am also finding out that Black shows everything!)

I also had a rather deep circular dent near the corner of my hood, just in front of the driver, where a rear-view mirror might go. It looked like someone had hit it with a ball-peen hammer. I was not very optimistic, especially since several body shops said they could not get it out unless the hood was removed.

I started popping away and after 20 or so pops, I have almost all of it gone! Remember, it takes 5 minutes for the hot-glue to cool so this process took several hours. (The glue comes off very easily with rubbing alcohol and it does not hurt your paint at all.) I am going to keep after it for a little while longer to see if I can get it all out.

All in all, I would give the Ding King a B+.

DISCLAIMER: Try this device at your own risk. I am happy with my results. Your results mary vary.