Skip to main content

ACD Festival

• Ric Simpson
  • Registered
More
26 Sep 2007 17:15 #8152 by Ric Simpson
Replied by Ric Simpson on topic ACD Meet Videos
Hi! Thanks for the kind words! If it weren't for your Grampa, we would all be heading off to the cottage, or marching in Labour Day parades! Thank You! for choosing such wonderful relatives! I was just about to give up on the Video business. I guess I sold about 10 this year! The cost of materials has dropped considerably, so I dropped my prices likewise. I am purchasing a new high end HD widescreen camera, so I hope my DVDs will be even more dramatic. I was looking at a tape I took in 1984 a few days ago. They don't have the quality of my recent ones, but I was amazed at the people in them! We sure have lost a lot of fine people. I will be back in touch with you very soon. I am leaving for a two week cruise on the Queen Mary 2 in 3 weeks. Getting ready for it is lots of fun. My Cord is progressing nicely. I have given orders that I do not want to drive it after Oct 10 until I return from my QM2 adventure. I expect our first shakedown run will occur in November. Hope I don't need chains! Ric.

Ric Simpson,
2001 Niagara Parkway,
Fort Erie, Ontario,
Canada. L2A 5M4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
26 Sep 2007 16:09 #8151 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic ACD Festival DVD's

Ric Simpson wrote: Hi! I have available videos of the Parade and other activities at the Auburn Weekend for each year back to 1995. I have videos of each year back to 1983, Super 8 movies back to 1970, 8 mm movies back to 1960, slides back to 1950. I will shortly be announcing the DVD and/or VHS video of Auburn 2003. (I just have to add the titles = about 6 hrs) I am hoping to find the time to transfer the best of what I have to a DVD/VHS format when/if I find time. I charge $20 for VHS and $25 for DVD, includes postage and my Satisfaction Guarantee. The last 8 years have been filmed in Digital Stereo, and I am very proud of them! Ric.

Wow! I finally took a look at a few of the DVD's you've been selling at Auburn each year. Nice work! There's no point for me to bring my Camcorder any more.

I want to order DVD's for 1985 and 2000-2004. Send me a PM with your info and I will get you a check asap. If you have some with a lot of Gordon Buehrig on them I would be interested in those too. Also, I would be interested in the year my uncle, Charlie Cord came out. Not sure what year that was.

Also, let me know if you want to sell these videos on the ACD Club e-Store? If so, I will outline what is required from you.

• Ric Simpson
  • Registered
More
17 Jan 2004 03:10 #1205 by Ric Simpson
Replied by Ric Simpson on topic Re: ACD Festival

John Trittschuh wrote: I spend hours looking at the 2003 and 2002 parades in Auburn. Can we get photos of even older years parades on the web?

Hi! I have available videos of the Parade and other activities at the Auburn Weekend for each year back to 1995. I have videos of each year back to 1983, Super 8 movies back to 1970, 8 mm movies back to 1960, slides back to 1950. I will shortly be announcing the DVD and/or VHS video of Auburn 2003. (I just have to add the titles = about 6 hrs) I am hoping to find the time to transfer the best of what I have to a DVD/VHS format when/if I find time. I charge $20 for VHS and $25 for DVD, includes postage and my Satisfaction Guarantee. The last 8 years have been filmed in Digital Stereo, and I am very proud of them! Ric.

Ric Simpson,
2001 Niagara Parkway,
Fort Erie, Ontario,
Canada. L2A 5M4

• John Trittschuh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
31 Dec 2003 18:06 #1173 by John Trittschuh
ACD Festival was created by John Trittschuh
I spend hours looking at the 2003 and 2002 parades in Auburn. Can we get photos of even older years parades on the web? These cars get better with age but sometimes you like to see the changes through the years. It is particularly nice to see the interior shots and trim detail photos for ideas for our own classics. Bill Hummel has great shots of his Cabriolet from every conceivable angle. I love these. Bring 'em on. Mine is stored now but in the Spring we should all get out the digital cameras and load up the picture gallery section.