More
01 Apr 2009 18:54 #13093 by DJT
Replied by DJT on topic Hershey Meet
And thanks KEN! I'll prolly take you up on the offer... :D

-David
member: Professional Photographer Association
TnT Shutterbug Photography
www.tntshutterbugphotography.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DJT
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2009 18:04 #13090 by DJT
Replied by DJT on topic Hershey Meet
thanks Bill!

This will be a great site once more and more shows sign up. I'll pass the word!

-David

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2009 15:05 #13089 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic CarShowCity
Hi David,

Since you brought it up, I can shamelessly plug CarShowCity.com a little. Here is why that event is not in the database .... yet.

When I designed CarShowCity.com I felt that life was too short for me to sit around typing in car events all day. The task gets overwhelming after awhile and then the thrill is gone. That's why every other car show site out there is cluttered with expired listings and not too many new shows.

CarShowCity.com is completely self-service. The show promoters enter their own info. This makes it easy on me, and it insures the data is accurate since the promoter puts in his own info. He can log back on any time to modify and update any of his shows.

CarShowCity.com purges its database every night, sends out reminder notices to relist next year's event and will even send out optional email alerts about new shows that meet your specs. Our main purpose is to increase attendence at car events. I am determined to make it very easy for everyone to find the exact show they want. An iPhone app will be out shortly so you can find nearby shows when you are on the road!

If a show is not listed, it is because the promoter does not know about CarShowCity.com. Meadow Brook is now listed, and as the word spreads, the rest of the big shows will come onboard. So talk it up. Get those ACD Regional Meet chairmen to list their shows. Car guys are our best advertising. Right now all listings are free. After awhile it will be 9.95 per listing. We'll be spending quite a bit to keep CarShowCity.com in the public's eye, so it's really worth it for the promoters to have a place in our database.

Starting next month, I am running multiple ads in the ACD Newsletter, and will be adding CCCA, AACA and SCCA magazines. If there are any other major league car club newsletters let me know. So far I have only gone after show promoters, I haven't even started to go after show goers. It will take some time to get listed near the top on Google but we'll get there. We'll also have pavillions at major car shows to get exposure.

We are adding Canadian shows very soon. We have to buy a Canadian Zip Code database. That's how we figure out distances. Latitude and longitude.

If there are any features that I have forgotten, let me know. I have an army of mindless droids just waiting to rack up more development time.

• Visitor
31 Mar 2009 23:30 #13076 by
Replied by on topic Hershey
David
Hershey is always the first full week in October. So this year is the 7th,8th,9th, and 10th.
Remember you have a place to stay if you decide your going.
K Clark

• DJT
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
31 Mar 2009 21:06 #13075 by DJT
Hershey Meet was created by DJT
When is the Hershey meet and why isn't in Bill's website about car shows?
If I miss it - it's all Bill's fault.

I actually want to attend it this year, unless something comes up.

-David