Skip to main content

Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum... New Logo???

• Al Hatch
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
03 Jul 2008 15:21 #10558 by Al Hatch
Hi,

I am in support of the name change to include 'automobile' in the title name but my initial response to the new logo was less then exciting. Cartoon logo's are the rage now but I think the museum deserves something a little more classier then what they have now.

Recogizing that this discussion will probably have little impact on the museum, the name change or the new logo does not discourage my wife and I from supporting the museum. We will continue to be museum members.

CORDially,

Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
01 Jul 2008 03:35 #10547 by Chris Summers
10,000 to 1?

I take that back, the name change was a very good idea!

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• Greg Frownfelter
  • Registered
More
01 Jul 2008 03:32 #10546 by Greg Frownfelter
Replied by Greg Frownfelter on topic Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum... New Logo???
the name and logo change is a marketing ploy for this day and age
the name change alone increased the hits by 10,000 to one
yes that number is correct
the museum has to promote its wares just like every other business
they do not have a huge endowment like others
they need to gain new customers and attract a younger customer
thus the change in logo
no disrespect but this is a good thing
greg

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
30 Jun 2008 00:59 #10544 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Logo
I am a Life Member of the ACD Museum, and I don't mind an updating of the Logo.

The cartoon look appears to be a trend. Remember, the museum is trying to attract newer and younger members. Anything that will increase the exposure of the automobiles is fine with me.

"Automobile" was inserted into the name in attempt to move up the Search Engines ranking. It is amazing how many people do not know the names of our autos when they see one! It is no longer good enough, just to depend on searches by the car names.

I feel the logo was changed to be trendy.

Look at the National Auto Museum, formerly Harrah's.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
29 Jun 2008 23:30 #10543 by Chris Summers
A rose by any other name and logo smells as sweet. If the museum itself doesn't change for the worse, I'm good.

That said, if I were a member (I am not) what I would be ticked about is the name change. Is one more word worth the cost of reprinting brochures and changing letterhead on everything?

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• mark tyra
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
29 Jun 2008 14:13 #10534 by mark tyra
I recently received a news letter from the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum announcing their name change and the introduction of the Museum's New Logo. I have no problem with the name change. I agree with their line of thinking. I do question the New Logo.

It looks like something that would be used by a local car club or a dash plaque passed out at an annual street rod show. The ACD Automobile Museum, located on 1600 W. Wayne Street in Auburn, Indiana is on the National Register of Historic Buildings and is considered one of America's Best example of Art Deco architecture and decor.

The building and property is enriched with history of one of America's foremost classic car manufacturers. I feel the logo should reflect the Classic History of the Museum and E.L Cords automobile empire. I have been a member and supporter of the Museum since 1974. In my opinion, the museum and it's members deserve more than a poorly depicted cartoon rendering of a Duesenberg. The New logo can be found on their website, www.acdmuseum.org and on their latest publications and newsletters.

What do you think of the logo? Let's discuss it.

Mark Tyra
www.auburnspeedsters.com