Skip to main content

Looking for pics of early J Town Car. (Pg 127 in Roe's book)

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
20 May 2008 03:29 #10140 by mikespeed35
My job was making crowns and bridges for dentists so I can appreciate the small detailed work, but prefer working on big cars.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lee Owens
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
19 May 2008 03:55 #10127 by Lee Owens
The fenders are from the Monogram kit of a Murphy Town Car. The main body is from the same kit, but it has been modified quite a bit; roof recontoured, "hard" B-pillars in place of the thin chrome windshield frame, body shortened in length, new reveals/window trim. The rear fenders did have a hard edge on the inside. They are now more rounded. I grafted in half a fender from an identical kit to make them symmetrical. Exhaust holes in front fender filled in. The hood sides are resin copies of a diescast Duesenberg.

Oh yeah, new reveals/trim made from various profiles of Evergreen strip styrene.

I love chopping up these kits.

Judkins Coupe project:

Monogram Rollston roadster, shortened in length with modified roof from Monogram 1930 Ford coupe.

Sort of a French roadster project. Not intended to be a perfect copy in 1/24.

Lindberg(ex-Pyro) kit of an Auburn boattail speedster, lengthened and widened, with new cowl and the same resin hood sides copied from a diecast. Rear fenders made taller and the back end closed on the bottom.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
19 May 2008 01:26 #10124 by mikespeed35
Interesting body work. I don't think my Dura-blocks are small enough for that work. But there would be no rust repair. I presume the fenders are from a kit and you are making body panels from what?
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Lee Owens
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 May 2008 17:26 #10117 by Lee Owens
I'm building a model of it and I need to see what the back end, grille, and top of the hood looked like.

Thank you, Lee