Dream Garages
www.motorbooks.com/Store/Product ... _35899.ncm

Ultimate Garages
www.motorbooks.com/Store/Product ... _10636.ncm

Garage and Workshop Gear Guide
www.motorbooks.com/Store/Product ... _33826.ncm

Ultimate Garage Handbook
www.motorbooks.com/Store/Product ... _16147.ncm

The last two, in the interest of disclosure, are part of the MotorBooks Workshop Series. My own new book, tentatively titled "How To Keep Your Collector Car Alive" will be published in this series in 2008. It is an upgrade and revision of my "How To Maintain and Enjoy Your Collector Car" of 1995.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
03 Jul 2007 14:28 #7387 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic HUMMEL GARAGE
Here is what I would like to do. My garage is based upon Club Member Chuck Conrad's garage out near Tyler Texas.

My wife and I are moving to a small town near San Antonio, TX named Boerne. (Pronounced Ber-Nee). I don't think she realizes it yet, but my car barn is going to be double the size of the house. It's not all car barn, it includes an office, her studio, a 4th bedroom and kitchenette, entertainment area, and of course room for the cars.

Approx 8,000 sq ft.
4th bedroom and kitchenette for guests
Bill's office
Shelli's studio
Storage areas
Entertainment area - antiques, soda fountain, bar, etc.
Car storage

Anyone recommend ideas? Contractors with garage experience? I know it is going to be a steel building but I think the Homeowner's Assoc is going to make me put on a stone veneer to hide the steel.

Several reasons I want the 4th bedroom in the garage. It is for relatives or house guests who stay for extended periods. It will also serve as my personal dog house when I am in trouble. Most importantly, we can live in it while the main house is being built.

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
03 Jul 2007 14:21 #7386 by Bill Hummel
SPECS FOR YOUR DREAM GARAGE was created by Bill Hummel
I am hoping that this thread becomes very long with lots of input from Club Members and Forum Members.

I would like to hear from you, your ideas on which items are must have. From cooling and heating to garage door height, to lighting, etc. Quite a few of you have been there and already done what I am planning to build so I would like to benefit from your experience. This thread could be very helpful for any of us planning to build a Dream Garage. If you have photos, post them. There are instructions in the Photo Gallery how to do this.