Duesy Notes

• Chris Summers
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
21 Mar 2010 21:45 #16137 by Chris Summers
Duesy Notes was created by Chris Summers
Part of my "platform" when seeking the Duesenberg Historian position was restarting the Duesy Notes column in the Newsletter. This column - a collection of Duesenberg trivia, news, and sales results - was written for many years by the first person to hold the Duesenberg Historian position, Ray Wolff.

After Wolff's passing, his successors as Historian, Ted MacPhail and Fred Roe, often contributed to the newsletter, but not with the regularity of Wolff and not under the Duesy Notes title.

Reviving the Duesy Notes is my way of honoring the three previous historians whose research, often published in the Newsletter, has been invaluable to me over the years. It is also my little way of ensuring that something Duesenberg-related appears in every issue, and "fanning the fame" that keeps Duesenberg enthusiasm alive among those who love the cars - owners, restorers, and armchair enthusiasts alike.

I am YOUR Duesenberg Historian, and this is YOUR column. If you have a story, photographs, or suggestions for a future column, please let me know. Feedback is important, too, both positive and negative*.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and see you in Auburn!

*The door to our college newspaper office has a mail slot. The sign directly above it reads: "Packages only (please no dynamite)."

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.