Skip to main content

FOR SALE - TWENTY GRAND DUESENBERG REPLICA PROJECT

• Visitor
11 Jan 2010 17:22 #15543 by
That Ford twin I-beam frame has been sort of standard on the replica Duesenberg. Years ago I did a drawing for a guy who wanted to build a 20 grand. In the drawing I stretched the wheelbase to make the rear door as long as the front door, for easier access.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
11 Jan 2010 16:08 #15542 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic FOR SALE - TWENTY GRAND DUESENBERG REPLICA PROJECT
A.J., thanks. It is a true "second generation," no original Duesenberg parts used.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

More
11 Jan 2010 15:48 #15539 by alsancle
You can find pictures of it here:

forums.aaca.org/f190/duesenberg- ... 61503.html

I'm not in to replicas but it looks pretty good.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
11 Jan 2010 05:53 #15535 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic FOR SALE - TWENTY GRAND DUESENBERG REPLICA PROJECT
Hi, Shelby, are original Duesenberg parts used in this? Engine, frame, etc?

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• shallb60
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
11 Jan 2010 02:35 #15532 by shallb60
[This is a project my father started three months prior to his unexpected death. He was an avid car collector having 30 some vehicles in his collection at one time. Unfortunately, due to his untimely death he will never be able to see his dream of having his Duesenberg Twenty Grand replica.

I have been working on this project with great sentimental passion since his death, however, the sentiment has waned. I am currently looking for a buyer to purchase this project from me. I have a title for the car and I own the molds, patterns and all materials that have gone into the making of the vehicle to date. Those will be available to purchase with the vehicle as well to assure buyer I will not sell to another. This is not built by a chop shop. The builder has been in the business of building Duesenberg replica's and other fine vehicles for close to 30 years.

I am simply interested in moving forward with my own desires rather than those of my deceased father. I sent the builder to Nethercutt Museum to take photos of the original Twenty Grand to make this vehicle as exact as possible to the original. Photos of project and more information available upon request. The car is approximately 85% complete. Any thoughts of potential interest may be directed to my email address <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] or my cell 815-978-0490 evenings. The car is at my home in Rockford, Illinois area. Serious inquiries only please. Thank you.

Shelby Hastert-DeFilippis