Skip to main content

Looking for Mr.George A. Moffitt

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
19 Feb 2010 01:22 #15953 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Looking for Mr.George A. Moffitt
These drawings by Moffit were not done in the period as claimed but much later. Randy Ema

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• danielbiker
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
17 Feb 2010 17:19 #15948 by danielbiker
Replied by danielbiker on topic Looking for Mr.George A. Moffitt
Thanks for your answer.Now i'm kind of confused.In E.L.Cord book on the bottom of those pages where the renderings are,it says who designed them(Figoni et Falaschi,Saoutchick,Kellner,De Villars,Hibbard & Darrin,
Le Baron,Judkins etc).I found all these drawings were provided by Mr.Moffit from the acknowledgments page.Further help will be much appreciated.Thanks

More
04 Feb 2010 14:44 #15775 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Re: Looking for Mr.George A. Moffitt

danielbiker wrote: In E.L. Cord:His Empire His Cars book at pages 185-187 are a bunch of
coachbuilders' renderings intended for Duesenberg chassis.It looks like they were provided by a guy named George.A Moffitt who lived in New York when the book was published.Does anybody know him or his whereabouts?I appreciate your help.Thanks

I have a vague recollection of having this conversation with Fred Roe a number of years ago. I believe he told me George Moffit was not a real designer but a guy that penned fantasy designs in his bedroom.

• danielbiker
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
23 Dec 2009 23:35 #15376 by danielbiker
Looking for Mr.George A. Moffitt was created by danielbiker
In E.L. Cord:His Empire His Cars book at pages 185-187 are a bunch of
coachbuilders' renderings intended for Duesenberg chassis.It looks like they were provided by a guy named George.A Moffitt who lived in New York when the book was published.Does anybody know him or his whereabouts?I appreciate your help.Thanks