Skip to main content

Does anyone know of a duesenburg owner in south seattle?

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
16 May 2009 15:04 #13511 by Tom_Parkinson
Maybe a Miller racing engine??

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2009 19:30 #13327 by Joel
Welcome to the forum!

I am wondering what Duesenberg 8 was aluminum? Was it one the race car engines? I'd like to learn more. :D

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe
[img

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
26 Apr 2009 03:41 #13324 by Chris Summers
A belated welcome! If you enjoy Auburns, then I would highly encourage you to become a member of the Club: great cars, greater people, and all the technical and historical advice and opinions you could ever want. There is an online application on the home page.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• mechtech
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
22 Apr 2009 21:54 #13295 by mechtech
Nearly a decade ago, I was doing some automotive repairs for some one in the white center area of Seattle. This is the white center area which is south Seattle. At that time, I stopped by a machine shop that was owned by a former NARA two time champion races. He had a number of standard blocks but one in particular drew my attention.

It was a aluminum in-line 8 cylinder that has been recently cleaned with detergent. I asked If I could pick it up and said I could. I was astounded by how light the block was.

I never forgot that moment. To imagine that I had my hands on what I recall was the legendary Duisberg engine.

Why I joined this group is I have a love affair with the Auburn but also, anything really old and classic. Been around cars all my life but loved working on them in the past.

My next passion is to make a replica of the Stanley Steamer. Since watching Jay Leno's garage, that would be my passion :) just love those old cars.

I now live in Vancouver BC. Trying to find a shop that I could join forces with and rent space or at least, do some work for him in exchange doing my own repair work.

Lorin