Skip to main content

Duesenberg and Auburn

• bill powell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
21 Aug 2007 02:30 #7789 by bill powell
Replied by bill powell on topic Duesenberg and Auburn
it is not consigned for the auction. It is strictly for that little concours that Dean Kruse started a couple of years ago.

We are looking at one Duesenberg to buy there, the Judkins fixed head coupe.

We did buy a Duesenberg Indy car over the weekend, the one diven by Tommy Milton. A lot of the car is re-created, but the important parts are not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Greg Riley
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
17 Aug 2007 23:31 #7758 by Greg Riley
Replied by Greg Riley on topic Judkins
Bill, which car are you talking about? I looked on the Kruse web site today and the only Duesenberg I see consigned is a convertible coupe.

Greg Riley

• bill powell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
12 Aug 2007 15:03 #7719 by bill powell
Replied by bill powell on topic Duesenberg and Auburn
aint it wild. You travel from all parts of the country, to within five miles of each other, and can't make the connecton.

As far as the concours is concerned I don't have to be with the cars, and can go to the re-union. One problem might be that if we do the auction it may interfere. I really need to go to the museum, to the archives dept. One of the cars at the auction I really want to look at closely. It is the Duesenberg, the Judkins fixed head coupe. I have to look at it closely because it has been a very rough car in the past.

Again, the show wil be a the foundation museum across the freeway from the auction. You go onto the auction site to get there. They have their own little tunnel under the freeway. Their is another way in, off I-69, but I've never used it.

I'll try very hard to get to the re-union, because I'd like to meet you.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
12 Aug 2007 02:42 #7718 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Duesenberg and Auburn
Hi, Bill.

Will we see you at the ACD Club Annual Reunion too? (Ninth Street by nite, Saturday in the Park, parade, brunch. etc.) I would like to say hello, but I do not get to the Kruse thing.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• bill powell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 Aug 2007 01:44 #7714 by bill powell
Duesenberg and Auburn was created by bill powell
Well, tis I again, with another Duesenberg and an Auburn Speedster. We are off to Auburn to the Kruse Concours across the interstate from the Auction site. We are going to try to make it to the Museum this year.

The Duesenberg we're taking is a Murphy bodied Sport Berline, in very dark blue. The speedster is a dark red, and very nice.

Try to stop by and visit.