Skip to main content

Drivers Door Question

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
30 Oct 2016 13:34 #31878 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Re: Drivers Door Question
Hi Gary,

My door does not have this notch. I think your door was modified post-production.

It strikes me that left-and right-hand RVM's are [i:1bpxzb6u]de-rigueur[/i:1bpxzb6u] on the sedans unless you want to drive by the "contact method."

A possible solution,: years ago I saw sedan with a nice chromed RVM that was mounted on a mostly-horizontal chromed pedestal at the rear end of the fence/grille. The owner told me it was a Harley Davidson accessory and that the hole was already present. I have not checked it out.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
29 Oct 2016 00:31 #31874 by
Replied by on topic Re: Drivers Door Question
Looks like they tried two styles R.V.Ms. Makes driving a lot less stressful. Somebody's got a R.V. out there that doesn't require drilling or milling away the sheet metal, seen it but have no photos.

Cort

More
28 Oct 2016 05:34 #31872 by GOENKA
Replied by GOENKA on topic Re: Drivers Door Question
looks like an aftermarket mod to fit the rear view mirror bracket which was probably fouling with the A pillar so they cut into the door

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
29 Sep 2016 19:14 #31780 by 1748 S
Drivers Door Question was created by 1748 S
In the supplied pics of my drivers side door edge there has been some metal removed. Was this a factory design or some type of aftermarket attempt to install a rear view mirror? I included a pic of the outside rear view mirror placement I took off about a year ago.
Attachments: