Skip to main content

Ebay "Transmission Cover"

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
15 May 2016 22:47 #31079 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Re: Ebay "Transmission Cover"

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Kunena\Forum\Libraries\BBCode\KunenaBBCodeLibrary::renderEbayLayout(): Argument #1 ($ItemID) must be of type int, string given, called in /home/827734.cloudwaysapps.com/wqvptpacqq/public_html/libraries/kunena/src/BBCode/KunenaBBCode.php on line 304. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 May 2016 22:40 #31078 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Ebay "Transmission Cover"

Tom_Parkinson wrote: Hi,

There is a purported 810/812 transmission cover listed on ebay. It looks like this:

I emailed the vendor to advise that it is NOT a Cord Transmission cover. He says we're both right--that this is a part that goes in front behind the bumper. I surmise that if he's correct this piece was a half of a two-piece cover, of which I have never seen or heard.

SO--is there such a thing as a two-piece transmission cover, and that this would be half of it? I'm really curious, and I am wondering if I owe this guy an apology.

--Tom

Well tom best I can say is you both correct and incorrect. Best of my information is no Cord came factory with a 2 piece front trans cover but... Josh Malks had a fiberglass 2 piece modified cover just to eliminate removal of the front bumper. This particular cover is missing an important piece too. It appears from the pics to be well designed but still not correct. But if you were only interested in an easy driver. This may be the best way to work on the trans shifter and switches. Then again Richardson universals up front is a driver's way to go also. Just depends on how close you choose to stay to an original car that left the factory line...

• E L
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
15 May 2016 10:54 #31077 by E L
Replied by E L on topic Re: Ebay "Transmission Cover"
I have seen this done before. Just a modified cover.
It was the lazy way of servicing the cross shift switch without removing the bumper.
Why not use a chrome plated piano hinge!!!!!

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
14 May 2016 18:58 #31072 by Tom_Parkinson
Ebay "Transmission Cover" was created by Tom_Parkinson
Hi,

There is a purported 810/812 transmission cover listed on ebay. It looks like this:

File Attachment:

I emailed the vendor to advise that it is NOT a Cord Transmission cover. He says we're both right--that this is a part that goes in front behind the bumper. I surmise that if he's correct this piece was a half of a two-piece cover, of which I have never seen or heard.

SO--is there such a thing as a two-piece transmission cover, and that this would be half of it? I'm really curious, and I am wondering if I owe this guy an apology.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE