Skip to main content

My Sad Cowl Vents

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
01 Aug 2015 21:19 #29987 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Re: My Sad Cowl Vents
Hi Gary,

Re: Images---I am frustrated with trying to save images that are posted as attachments. I can't find a way to download them--only to save them as a web URL which is ephemeral to say the least. This is another bug that needs to be worked out.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
01 Aug 2015 20:59 #29985 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: My Sad Cowl Vents
Tom the first pic is everything I'm missing. Sadly all the pics I took yesterday of what I have will not post. I just am at a loss for knowing why pics will not post for me. Same error code comes up every time.

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
01 Aug 2015 20:14 #29984 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Re: My Sad Cowl Vents
Hi Gary,

Odd--I considered welding a plate over my vents. Not at all original, but leak-proof. I won't though--I'd get too much criticism if I did!

NICE work on those hood hinge pots.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
31 Jul 2015 21:17 #29980 by 1748 S
My Sad Cowl Vents was created by 1748 S
This is what I got when someone long before me welded a plate over the cowl vents. It was welded and leaded in or braised in. I cut out the plate to find this is what was left. There is no rust eating away the metal. My car has either 4980 or 1004980 miles on it. I tend to feel its the smaller number because the parts are like new most every place I look during restoration but really can't "claim" this amount of miles. I will be adding more pics as I can.
Attachments: