Need keys and tumblers for 812

• josiewales
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
15 Jul 2015 15:53 #29903 by josiewales
Replied by josiewales on topic Re: Need keys and tumblers for 812
I tried to post pics as well and met with failure. I checked the FAQ and it said we need admin permissions to post images. I contacted the administrator but nothing yet. I'll post pics here when I'm able.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
14 Jul 2015 15:56 #29886 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Need keys and tumblers for 812
I believe I have an unmolested dash and the ignition bezel. SAdly the website is giving me fits about posting pics. I was able to post some but no longer able to. I have asked around this site for help or explanations but no answers yet. I really like the new web too. When I log on I get a grey screen telling my site not found. Then below that I get a message saying... Gosh you found us. Its almost like I have been hacked and someone has messed up my site. As soon as I can post pics I will show you what I have. My car has either 4980 or 104980 miles on it. My car has no rust and was taken off the road in 1949 by a Mr. Hamlin or Upland Ca. He was a friend of Randy Ema and a past president of the Tucker club. He has 2 Tuckers. He is long ago past on now.

• josiewales
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
14 Jul 2015 14:08 #29885 by josiewales
Replied by josiewales on topic Re: Need keys and tumblers for 812
Thanks 1748 s, I've tried a couple of places but can't remember if I asked Doug or Felix. It would be really swell (yeah, I said swell) if we could find an original key and tumbler at least for the ignition but I'm under the impression that Briggs and Straton tumblers from the era are interchangeable? Maybe other vehicles use the same tumblers? Just hoping to find some more information as we are getting close to assembly on this car.

Also, does anyone have a photo of the correct ignition switch bezel? We have a couple that are different from each other and both came out of Cords.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
14 Jul 2015 00:03 #29881 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Need keys and tumblers for 812
I do not have any original keys for my car so I took the locks to a key shop. They made up keys to fit the ignition and door lock because they are the same lock. The trunk is different and so is the gas door. Both glove box locks are the same key but I believe they do not fit any other lock on the car. Hope this helps. You could call Felix at ACD parts on Oklahoma too. Ask for Doug Prey because Felix is on vacation till the end of July. I will be watching for information on how to remove the cylinders because I need to chrome my door handles and gas door lock too..

• josiewales
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
13 Jul 2015 21:53 #29879 by josiewales
Need keys and tumblers for 812 was created by josiewales
Hi all,

The 812 we are restoring came with an incorrect ignition switch and no other keys. I have new lock cylinders for the gas door and glove boxes coming. We have also purchased a correct ignition switch minus the tumbler and key. Also, we do not have the key for the door cylinder so not sure what to do there. We need to remove the tumblers so we can re-chrome the door handles and gas door pull. Is there a way to remove these tumblers without the key? And where, if anywhere, can we find new keyed tumblers for the door and ignition?

Thanks for any and all help.
Clint