• Away
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
25 Jun 2015 17:50 #29817 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Cord Gauge Paint
A few more dash pics.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
25 Jun 2015 17:49 #29816 by 1748 S
Hers some pics of my dash gauges.
Attachments:

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
25 Jun 2015 17:36 #29815 by 1748 S
Thanks for the response Mark. I will get some and try it. Can you tell me what color the needles are and if they are the luminescence reflective color. Also what color is the black in the gauges. One of my gauges lost all the black paint inside it. I suspect its a flat black but as you probably know. there are many black colors like satin or semi gloss etc.

• Mark Tomei
  • Registered
More
25 Jun 2015 08:35 #29814 by Mark Tomei
Replied by Mark Tomei on topic Re: Cord Gauge Paint
Hello:

The original color matched paint formulas for the instrument faces have long since disappeared due to the reformulation or discontinuance of lacquer and solvent based polyurethane paints being sold in most areas of the country. An excellent substitute you might want to consider is Rustoleum #7794 Gloss Antique White. You'll still have to repaint a few lines on the faces or, clean and/or enhance the etched glass where applicable. It is an extremely close match to the original and I'll think you'll be quite pleased with the results. Best of all, it's about $12.00 a can at your local hardware store and contains enough paint to do every Cord dash on earth twice and designed to hold up to severe exterior conditions, UV, etc. Good luck.

Mark

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
24 Jun 2015 18:48 #29811 by 1748 S
Cord Gauge Paint was created by 1748 S
Does anyone know the paint type (lacquer or enamel)and color of the 810 812 dash gauges? So far all I see is yellow for the plates and the numbers. Then there is the black and finally the needles are what used to be a reddish color. Is this paint loaded with reflective agents of just a flat color? I checked what Stan has to offer and it just list a gauge paint. I have no idea if that's black or yellow. Thanks once again for any help.