Skip to main content

Bustle Trunks

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
21 Jun 2015 15:10 #29791 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Re: Bustle Trunks
On an 850, 851 852 Auburn they used a piece of fender welt between the body and the accessory trunk, On the interior they slit open a piece of about 1 inch rubber tubing and slip it over the two sheet metal edges (it kept all the sharp edges from damaging anything in the trunk and it also carried any water leakage to the trunk floor - which unfortunately they made no accommodation to drain out water from the trunk floor). I have always been fortunate to have had really solid cars, but my guess is the installation system killed plenty of cars not well cared for. The rubber tubing is secured by about 8 or so sheet metal "C" clips.

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Jun 2015 15:24 #29786 by 1748 S
Bustle Trunks was created by 1748 S
Way back in the early 1960's I recall someone told me the bustle trunks could be factory installed or as an after market install. Supposedly the after market installations were nothing more than removing the westchester trunk lid and sliding in a bustle trunk. No leaking in was used and it was well I guess really squared off at the body line. Does anyone know if this was done?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.