Skip to main content

Cord 812 Sportsman (Replica??)

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
21 Jul 2015 01:33 #29945 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Cord 812 Sportsman (Replica??)
Glad you found the number location. Sorry to tell you the system is having issues about posting. They have repaired some of it but so far I personally can't post pics. I was able to a few weeks ago but not now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Enrico87
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
19 Jul 2015 14:08 #29927 by Enrico87
Replied by Enrico87 on topic Re: Cord 812 Sportsman (Replica??)
Hello everybody, last update: we have found the chassis number, it seems original, and it matches with the documents and the plate 1018-2018; what do you think?

I'm trying to upload the photo...but it doesn't work...

• Enrico87
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
24 Jun 2015 21:32 #29813 by Enrico87
Thank you all for your answers: any further reply will be welcome...in the meantime I'll try to find out more about this car.

Kind regards,
Enrico

• Mark Tomei
  • Registered
More
18 Jun 2015 08:12 #29775 by Mark Tomei
Replied by Mark Tomei on topic Re: Cord 812 Sportsman (Replica??)
Hello Enrico:

It seems that some of the questions regarding your car may have been answered in an earlier thread. From the looks of the Auburn serial tag that you provided, it appears that it won't prove of any help as it is not original. From the pictures, the model of the car is a convertible cabriolet sometimes called mistakenly a Sportsman. The brass colored tag directly behind the engine is from a company that published several years ago that they were building various models of the Cord 810 and 812 automobile from other donor Cord body styles. Without seeing the car, it would be difficult to verify that this in fact wasn't one of those versus a restoration of an original body. You can however tell that the engine is a standard FB model and note several body details that would indicate that it might not be a Cord factory automobile. From the wear shown on the interior, it is clear the car has been extensively used and has probably been a joy to the owner regardless of provenance. Good luck with your project.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
15 Jun 2015 18:26 #29748 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Re: Cord 812 Sportsman (Replica??)
Those front fenders don't look correct. The headlight doors don't fit very well. They could be fiberglass? See if a magnet will stick to them. If it won't, then they are fiberglass. Your glove box doors have handles not locks which most convertibles have. The engine number on the plate indicates that the car wasn't S/C from the factory. If the engine is S/C then the plate is wrong, if not S/C, then the pipes have been added. The standard engine block can be altered to allow a S/C to be added, but it is seldom done.

More
15 Jun 2015 10:12 #29746 by vaco
Replied by vaco on topic Re: Cord 812 Sportsman (Replica??)
Hi Enrico

I am a owner of a Cord Phaeton in the german part of Switzerland and I also speak italian and I helped to put back on the road some other Cords here in Switzerland (of course with the great help of quite a few american owners/experts).
Please contact me directly on <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] and I can probably help you in finding the stamped chassis number etc. (the placard you have posted look like it is the newest part of the car!)

Mario

• Enrico87
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
12 Jun 2015 10:45 #29733 by Enrico87
Thanks Cort,

after your post, right now I don't understand anymore which car is this!! Is it a Replica? Is it a roadster?

I understand by your words that this shouldn't be a Sportsman, isn't it?

Attached the document of the car.
My question is: the Cord Registry, could give me a document with the specs of this car or not? If I need to register the car in Italy I'll need a document by the Car manufacturer or - in this case - by the official registry...how to proceed?

I'm glad you appreciated the Montreal and the Graham Paige: the fist is now in California, and the second, should be another car who comes back in the States.

Enrico
Attachments:

• Visitor
12 Jun 2015 01:03 #29730 by
Enrico,
Serial No. 2018 I believe is an 810 Westchester Sedan, however suffix F is A. Engine FB1982 I believe is an 810 Convertible Phaeton Sedan. Chassis 10315 I cannot say. You say it's a replica, if so it shows excellent authenticity and detail with many original pieces. Enjoyed your Montreal video, and like the Graham Paige racing car you have listed in Gulf Blue link.
Thanks for posting the photos.

Enrico,
Numero di serie 2018 è una berlina 810 Westchester, ma il suffisso F è FB1982 A. Engine è una berlina 810 Convertible Phaeton. Telaio 10315 Non posso dire. Lei dice che è una replica, in caso affermativo mostra eccellente autenticità e dettaglio con molti pezzi originali. Abbiamo apprezzato il vostro video di Montreal, e come la macchina da corsa Graham Paige avete elencato nel Golfo di Blue Link.
Grazie per aver postato le foto!
Cort

• Enrico87
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
10 Jun 2015 10:47 #29722 by Enrico87

here it is, thank you!
Enrico
Attachments:

• Visitor
09 Jun 2015 02:01 #29718 by
Enrico, Please take another picture much closer to serial number plate so numerals are readable. This will help us I.D. either this or the parts car. The plate may be a reproduction, but the Cord probably is not. Cort

• Enrico87
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
08 Jun 2015 21:07 #29716 by Enrico87
Hi, thanks for your replies. The car is totally made of metal, any part in fiberglass. I don't know where to find the number in the under hood body...any photo of the exact place?
Here I try to post a picture of the plate, but someone told me that this isn't original...

Please give me some help because nobody except you could tell me which car is this; is there anybody with a chassis number similar to mine? Cord used some numbers or letters to identify specific models?

Thank you in advance
Enrico
Attachments:

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
07 Jun 2015 14:16 #29706 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic Re: Cord 812 Sportsman (Replica??)
Does this car have all metal, or does it have some fiberglass reproductions? Looks very original in the pix.

Mark

• pfree3233
  • Registered
More
05 Jun 2015 12:51 #29700 by pfree3233
Replied by pfree3233 on topic Re: Cord 812 Sportsman (Replica??)
this translation might help:

Henry, still does not answer, probably because FB1982 is not easy; Take a first floor [/ i] [/ u] photos of the nameplate on the R / H-under hood body. FB1982 is hard to find; The nameplate may provide an answer. Thanks, Cort

• Visitor
05 Jun 2015 01:27 #29699 by
Enrico, Non risponde ancora, probabilmente poiché FB1982 non è facile; Prendete un primo piano [/ i] [/ u] foto di targhetta sul lato R / H di sotto cappa-corpo. FB1982 è difficile da trovare; La targhetta di identificazione può fornire una risposta. Grazie, Cort

• Enrico87
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
30 May 2015 14:01 #29680 by Enrico87
Cord 812 Sportsman (Replica??) was created by Enrico87
Dear all,

my name is Enrico Rondinelli, I’m writing from Italy and I’m a dealer of classic cars.

I have for sale an 812 Sportsman, that we thought it was original but, from the documents, we realized that it should be a replica.

It is the &quot;twin&quot; of a second, but original, 812 sportsman supercharged arrived in italy more than 20 years ago. These 2 cars came together in the first 90’s after having been restored in Montevideo by Coronal S.A.
This car never saw the road…it neither has the italian license plates...

It is so difficult here in Italy to know something more about these cars, so I'd like if you can help me to understand by the documents, which is the &quot;donor&quot; car: a 810 sedan, a roadster, a cabriolet?
This is what I read on the document of the car:
Model: 810
chassis number: 10315
Engine number: FB1982

Unfortunately I am no able to upload the photos of the car here; you can find many photos here: www.gulfblue.it/#!cord-812-sportsman/c1nl2

Waiting for your kind reply, I thank you for your time.

kind regards
Enrico Rondinelli