Skip to main content

Facebook ACD Site

More
29 Apr 2015 21:27 #29486 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Facebook ACD Site
One of the big improvements when the forum upgrades will be the ability to host pictures which is a big issue right now. Once that happens there is no need for facebook. I have friends who have migrated from some forums to their own facebook pages but I don't really understand why and see it as a mistake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Justin Kerns
  • Registered
More
28 Apr 2015 15:13 #29482 by Justin Kerns
Replied by Justin Kerns on topic Facebook ACD Site
The Facebook page does not replace this forum. Facebook is good for sharing current information right now but there is no way to archive information for future conversations. There is also no way to insert documents or attachments into a Facebook page.

A forum is a much better tool for "real" conversation because it is easily archived and searchable. This forum is long overdue for an upgrade which will improve the user friendliness but I think it's going to happen this year? Perhaps a BOD member can chime in with more information on that.

If you have a Facebook account you can just type Auburn Cord Duesenberg into the search window at the top of the page and the club page will pop up. There are currently 1700+ people who have "liked" the page. Many of those are not club members - anyone on Facebook can "like" it. From my perspective the main reason to view the page is to see photos from recent events. It would be nice if all of those were also posted in this forum since so many don't use Facebook but would see them here.

Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan
1933 Auburn 12-161A Sedan

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
28 Apr 2015 13:35 #29481 by 1748 S
Facebook ACD Site was created by 1748 S
So what is this FB site and how do I log on or get access to it? I just was reading about nearly 2000 followers are on it. Will this replace the forum site we are now using?