Skip to main content

Vintage Champion Spark Plugs

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
20 Mar 2015 03:02 #29325 by 1748
Replied by 1748 on topic Vintage Champion Spark Plugs
Well this transaction is finally finished to everyones satisfaction. I got all my funds back. I got to keep all the lugs and I revised my neutral feedback to positive saying I was completely happy with the final outcome. Sad part is I'm not as happy as I could be. I really wanted the H10 plugs to be new or at least near new. I was not expecting so many different plugs in the sale. So now I have plenty of used plugs. We will see what to do later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 Mar 2015 22:15 #29312 by 1748
Well I just got a message from the ebay seller that I purchased the H10 plugs from. Debra is very sorry they are not to my liking and they are not experts on these plugs. Well neither am I for that matter. But I recognise a worn out plug and the different plugs in the box. I left a neutral feedback and she asked that I change that because this is their livelihood. I felt I left the least harmful feed back I could but got my point across. they were used up. they were 4 different kinds of plugs when it stated it was ALL H10 plugs. She said I could keep the plugs I wanted and she would still give me a complete refund. If I was a rat I would send her back some other plug and call it good. I am an honest person that prides myself on being honest at all costs. As anyone can see I have a varied assortment of beer bottle and H10 5 and 2 rib plugs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 Mar 2015 20:22 #29302 by 1748
Finally recieved my new and used H10 plugs.... Well they were worse that someone posted. Heres the break down of what I got. Every plug was well used and beyond sharpening the center electrode. There were not one new plug but I expected that. Not all the same Champion Heat range either not types.
7 H10 5 rib
1 H10 beer bottle 2 rib
6 H9 beer bottle 2 rib
1 J9 5 rib
So I'm really not happy with what I purchased. I will be sending them back unless someone wants them. I realize I have full protection thru ebay as "Not as described". The seller clearly listed both new and used Champion H10 spark plugs and these are not that. I will stop short of calling out the seller as a fraud but the plug list clearly tells a tale. I did buy another H10 that was listed as nos and never installed. And thats exactly what came in the mail. A vintage Champion H10 black body plug. I'm very happy with that plug and purchase.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
09 Mar 2015 00:31 #29278 by 1748
Thanks Pete Kelly. Thats really sad information but. I will at least wait and see what comes my way. As I have already posted. The listing was not actually showing any new or used spark plugs. Even the description printed in blue has the work spark misspelled. Its written as spart.Not spark. I did attempt contacting the seller asking exactly how many new & used plugs were being listed in this sale. Never got a replay. So with what you have posted things are not looking very good. Still keeping an open mind. Seems the seller makes a "claim" to have not opened all the box's too so that a signature of trying to pass off something. I'm still covered by ebay.. NOT AS DESCRIBED....

• pete kelly
  • Registered
More
08 Mar 2015 23:09 #29276 by pete kelly
Replied by pete kelly on topic plugs
I had previously bought those plugs but returned for a refund since even though advertized as most new they were all used.
Pete

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
08 Mar 2015 21:48 #29275 by 1748
I was reading all I could find about the 810 & 812 Cord plugs. Josh and a few others mentioned the Champion J9 was the plug off the line till they were no longer available. The it became Champion H10 plugs. Someone also mentioned something about the beer bottle Champion plugs. It was suggested those were from an earlier time approx. 1920's. I researched all what I have posted here from this ACD site search. Had my wifey look at the sellers listing too. I still am not sure I bought 15 new & used spark plugs. We will see on the 12th of this month when they arrive here on the west coast.

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
08 Mar 2015 17:58 #29272 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Vintage Champion Spark Plugs
When off the assembly line new would Cord use the J-7 with the two bands on the top as an Auburn would or .... ?

JMM

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
08 Mar 2015 00:26 #29263 by 1748
Vintage Champion Spark Plugs was created by 1748
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI just won these Champion black base plugs for my Cord. I started searching for them a few days ago and found more than I thought were out there. I also found the Autolite 216 plugs that Josh recommended using with the black base. Sadly they are over $10.00 each on ebay. I also found some H10C and H10 plugs on ebay. But for now I'm happy to get what I have.
... fresh=true