It Was Christmas

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
17 Feb 2015 18:28 #29181 by 1748 S
It Was Christmas was created by 1748 S
Yesterday it was like Christmas day. I have had some "stuff" on top of the Cord for many years. So I decided to move some of it. Well I found a box that was holding up some other stuff. It was about 12x5x5.. Inside was the tasket for the shift housing on the front of the trans. A new clutch and brake shaft with the bushings and woodreff keys and ... Both sides top and bottom motor mount rubbers!!!. I recognised they were from JK Howel by the sizzsors box the shaft came in. Its really exciting to "find parts" I forgot I had purchased and was looking to buy from Stan soon. I actually have made a list of wanted parts using Stan's part catalog. Was going to buy the JK Howell motor mount rubbers too. I had asked a question about Stans 2 different types of mounts one being a heavier material to stop wheel shimmy. Got a kind recomendation to use the heavy type. So now I have all I need to install the engine when I choose. I even have the new trans mount and the front spring flat plate to spread out the spring pressure on the frame. My frame had a piece cracked out where the spring rested. Luckly I had the missing piece. I decided to cut out the ragged edges of the frame and weld in a new piece of better material steel. I finished it off so well that it can not be seen that it was repaired ever. Its now stronger than it ever was. I call that an inprovement on the original design. I did that way back in another centruy. It was 1979......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.