Skip to main content

Nuts & Bolts

• Mark Tomei
  • Registered
More
10 Feb 2015 21:40 #29121 by Mark Tomei
Replied by Mark Tomei on topic Nuts & Bolts
Hi. That's a great way to be. Too many cars that go through a restoration fall short of perfect simply because the owners and or restorers get tired. When I see something as simple as a black base Champion Spark Plug, the right cad plating uor a proper 150 MPH speedo in the dash of a supercharged car, it's a tip off to me that I'm looking at a very serious car. These are labors of love and not speed or economy.

M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
10 Feb 2015 20:05 #29119 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Nuts & Bolts
Thanks Mark. That is something I had thought about too. So far I have most of the front end and the suspension arm bearing felt covers plated. Its really been an interesting journey doing this restoration. Doing it once is and doing it correct is what I keep trying to do.

• Mark Tomei
  • Registered
More
10 Feb 2015 15:56 #29117 by Mark Tomei
Replied by Mark Tomei on topic Nuts & Bolts
Many if not all of the nuts, bolts, washers, ect. were clear cadmium plated. If you are trying to be at that 100% level, it won't hurt to save time and clean, inspect and replate all of them. You can always then paint the replated hardware if it turns out they were part of a painted assembly.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Feb 2015 23:04 #29105 by 1748 S
Nuts & Bolts was created by 1748 S
Can I Cad plate ALL the nuts and bolts up front .... I'm wondering about the engine, trans and stub frame bolts nuts washer etc. I do not know if they came painted black or were cad plated. Thanks for any help. I'm not trying to make a 100 points show car but I want it done right. the way it came off the line in 1937.