Skip to main content

1937 SEdan Seen on The Web

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
15 Jan 2015 04:38 #28902 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic 1937 SEdan Seen on The Web
I wish Scott had kept the car. Scott is my Sister's Husband's Cousins' Wife's Brother (aka a small World). Scott apparently wanted a Cord for a very long time and it was a fine Cord that Pat did excellent work on, though my guess is that it is a "Cord" nevertheless (aka not for everyone).

People run up to Dad and I all the time when they see our 1935 Auburn 851 and say they always wanted a Cord. Dad's reply is threefold: Question 1. Are you an Engineer ? Question 2. Are you handy ? Question 3. Do you have a lot of disposable income? And, if the answers to all three are NO then he suggests an Auburn or a new dream.

Dad has only recently said he would not disown me if I had a Cord (he says it will be the best looking mistake I ever make in a car). And, Dad is an Engineer (electrical, mechanical, ceramics, surgical, and ....).

:D

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
14 Jan 2015 20:18 #28894 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 1937 SEdan Seen on The Web
Thank you Pat for the information. They way the pic looked showing the line coming from the trns oil filter was misleading. How is a car judged if it has this engine oil filter on it. What is the points deduction if any.

• Pat Leahy
  • Away
  • Registered
More
14 Jan 2015 15:57 #28892 by Pat Leahy
Replied by Pat Leahy on topic cord custom
The car had Richardson CV system and the copper lines were for the full flow oil filter system. The car was wrecked while returning from the West Coast meet in Santa Maria, CA to San Francisco.

Pat Leahy

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
14 Jan 2015 15:44 #28891 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 1937 SEdan Seen on The Web
That is the Maron car I was refering too. Thank you both for sharing with me the story. Reading what happened to this car and the possible not restoring it sends chills down my back. But really happy to see Scot ended up with a beautiful car. My hat tips to both Bill and Pat for taking on this task of saving a Cord like this. My wifey was looking over my shoulder and some of the wrecked pics and asked where was the car going when it was hit. I could not answer that question but no matter. It waqs on the road. Not in a museum resting and not being driven. This sire is a fine looking car I have to say. Seems like not many pieces of sheet metal were not bent in the wreck. I can understand the door lines not matching up after a wreck but this one looks great. What are the universals up front? Also whats the copper line running from the trans oil filter?

• Pat Leahy
  • Away
  • Registered
More
14 Jan 2015 14:38 #28890 by Pat Leahy
Replied by Pat Leahy on topic custom cord
I rebuilt that Cord for Scott Fergusson. He kept it a while and then sold it at the Worldwide auction a few years ago. It was wrecked nearly as bad as my Geneva blue S/C Custom was in 2003. It was a great running, extremely quiet Cord with nice paint and Rick Huellet interior. It ws a fun project to do, much harder than the S/C phaeton I am putting back on the road for Keith Olszewski.

Pat Leahy

More
14 Jan 2015 08:02 #28889 by Kay
Replied by Kay on topic 1937 SEdan Seen on The Web
Later Scott Fergusson's:

1937custombeverly.blogspot.com/

Kay

-since 2012: Cord 812 S/C Custom Beverly
-Palm Beach Tan/Deep Maroon/matching #
-unrestored " Sleeping Beauty " condition
-same owner in Southern California '49-'12

More
14 Jan 2015 07:48 #28888 by Kay
Replied by Kay on topic 1937 SEdan Seen on The Web
You might mean Bill's 812 Custom Beverly:

forums.phpstack-1081784-3880776.cloudway...viewtopic.php?t=2053
(first photo is a different car!)

www.cordhaven.com/1937CustomBeverly/

Kay

-since 2012: Cord 812 S/C Custom Beverly
-Palm Beach Tan/Deep Maroon/matching #
-unrestored " Sleeping Beauty " condition
-same owner in Southern California '49-'12

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
14 Jan 2015 02:36 #28886 by 1748 S
1937 SEdan Seen on The Web was created by 1748 S
Some time back I saw a beautiful Maron 1937 Cord sedan on the web when I was looking at cords. Sadly it had been wrecked. The owner showed how it was repaired but I never heard what caused the damage. Almost looked like the car had been hit hard in the front and on the passenger side near the roof at the center door pilar. Can anyone shed some information on this car? I'm happy to see it was repaired but still wondered what happened.