Hood Hinges

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
13 Jan 2015 18:39 #28881 by 1748 S
Hood Hinges was created by 1748 S
Well aren't those the hardest things to remove from under the dash. Tip. Go in with plenty of space and a 1/2 & 9/16 socket. then spray with aerokroil. Remove the easy to see 1/2 nut. Now spray those threads again because that bolt used as the hinge pivot shaft is threaded into the body plate. Now use the 9/16 socket to remove the bolt. Then its easy to remove from the body. So I have both of them out now and see a difference in the sides. Seems someone broke off the 2 bolts that makes up the adjustment on the hinge??? Then it was welded together. To understand this weld you have to see a hinge. On the bolt side they just left it ragged but on the other side where the bolt threads thru it was ground smooth with the hinge. Got to heat up and drill out now. Probably heating and drilling will be enough to spin it out. We will see. Why would anyone weld this and not remove it and repair it. On the cowl for that passenger side hinge was some kind of weld cover made very nicely covering most of the opening where rain water probably cam in wetting her feet. The drivers side was not done. I guess the complaining of the passenger got to be too much and the driver just suffered. Its things like this that I wonder who and why did them. History of this car is so interesting to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.