Skip to main content

Spare Tire Jack

• Mike Brady
  • Registered
More
15 Jan 2015 01:56 #28900 by Mike Brady
Replied by Mike Brady on topic Spare Tire Jack
Original 810 - 812 Cord jacks are not very common and they are rarely available for sale. There are repo's available, if you choose to go that route.

If you have to have an original, you might arrange for Tom to put you in contact with the ACD member who provided the photos above. Whenever an original jack is available, be prepared to pay and don't think about it for too long as there are likely others who also want an original.

Best of luck to you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 Jan 2015 01:05 #28898 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Spare Tire Jack
Thank you so much Tom. I apreicate it very much. Now I have an idea what to look for. As for the ACD upgrade coming I too can hardly wait. I have had to use internet explorer for years because I can't figure out how to switch over to goggle chrome. Reciently I logged out on explorer and did not know my password. I did as instructed but nothing came over to my email. This has been going on for years. Reciently when I finally got back online thru explorer I could read but not post. Got a phpBb error code. Turns out I had enabled spellcheck. For what ever reason thats makes everythingmessed up. I resorted to my old emails and talked to a member and he figured out very simply what the isue was. When it comes to computers I'm Forrest Gump. I'm not a smart man. Thanks again. Gary

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
14 Jan 2015 23:42 #28897 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Spare Tire Jack
Hi,

"Pete/Laura" sent me these photos said to be of a Cord jack, with the request that I post them.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

I hope this helps!

Lord, Photobucket is such a &^$$#%$ to work with! I can't wait for our ACD site to be upgraded this spring!

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
14 Jan 2015 20:20 #28895 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Spare Tire Jack
Can anyone post a pic of an original jack and tool kit. No time like now to begin the search.

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
13 Jan 2015 18:48 #28883 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Spare Tire Jack
Hi Gary,

What I did for the Roadmonster was get a jack for show and a Walmart hydraulic floor jack for actual use.

The original Buick jack was a death trap, and most owners threw them to the side of the road once they saw how they were supposed to be used. I have no idea what the Cord's jack looked like.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
13 Jan 2015 17:47 #28880 by 1748 S
Spare Tire Jack was created by 1748 S
I will need a jack later on but for now I am asking how hard it is to find one? Are they only the 810 & 812 types or did something from another car fit the same. Hopefully I never need the srevices of this but to finish my car I would like one. Same with the tool kit for the trunk. I really don't recall every seeing these offered on ebay in the past 10 years.