Skip to main content

Giving Thanks

• auburnandyscar
  • Registered
More
28 Nov 2014 15:47 #28571 by auburnandyscar
Replied by auburnandyscar on topic Giving Thanks
@1748 I am not a cord owner but still read all of the new posts when I stop by here, so that may be part of why you see so many views but too few responses.
However,I also have the same or similar problem(?) I think that it is mostly a generational thing with the interweb ( now) and many,many long term members being 70+ and just used to the old ways of paper correspondence with printed ads and articles.
Nonetheless, I keep posting here, try to keep my info valid and on topic until someone tells me to "stop"
Andy

Check out my build at:
www.1932auburnsedan.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
27 Nov 2014 17:12 #28565 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Giving Thanks
Thanks Red. I do get saddemed when I see so many "reading but no reply" to my questions. Really what I am attempting is to gain correct information on what I plan to restore. I just can't spend the time and money to do it several times to get it correct.
I'm a long time member of a ford diesel site named oilburners.net. I am the leading post count member with over 21,000 posts helping others with their ford diesels. Seems Ford dealers will not offer any help to these mechanically injected diesel engines any longer. They were made by International from 1983 thru 1994. So I have spend comciderable time and money buying up timing meters and renting them out to those in need. I make enough to cover my costs but nothing more. I enjoy helping other learn. Its too late in my life to gain the expertise that members like Josh or Henry or several of the others that I feel are very keen on whats correct. I learn something new every time I read whats posted here. I'm on this site several times every day.

• Red Brick
  • Registered
More
27 Nov 2014 05:17 #28561 by Red Brick
Replied by Red Brick on topic Giving Thanks
Those of us who read these forums have enjoyed your questions and comments and are thankful for them as well. I wish I'd been able to answer some of your questions, but I'd only be lying to both of us!

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
26 Nov 2014 19:08 #28554 by 1748 S
Giving Thanks was created by 1748 S
So its a day early but I wish to say thanks to all that have helped me this year with my car. Its a wonderful feeling to know such a great group of like people that try to keep these cars from the recyclers. Also would like to say thanks to those that we lost this year that will be fondly thought of in the years to come. Josh for one helped me see what my finished car color looks like. I really enjoyed talking with him at the Santa Maria meet a few years back. I think that meet was the first time Henry Portz showed his completed car. I think it had less than 100 miles on it at that time.