Cable Cad Plating

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
14 Nov 2014 22:01 #28489 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Cable Cad Plating
Hello Mark. I see how the brake cables can be taken apart but the head light cables are a different story. I may end up painting them later before I reinstall them. This Cord has no salt damage so it has been easy to remove parts from the car. It was always garaged and kept out of the rain too so rust is very minamal. The body and fenders are nearly dent free too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mark Tomei
  • Registered
More
14 Nov 2014 07:59 #28479 by Mark Tomei
Replied by Mark Tomei on topic Cable Cad Plating
I order to properly plate them, you would have to successfully disassemble them. This is quite a chore without rendering them useless and permanent additions to the bin under your work bench of seemingly good ideas gone bad. The better way would be to blast them, then fully flush the media out of the casing before painting them with a clear cadmium look-a-like finish. Eastwood makes a very believable silver clad spray product. The next step would be then to fully lubricate the painted cable and pull the canvas sheath over it where appropriate to give a true factory look.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
10 Nov 2014 20:56 #28471 by 1748 S
Cable Cad Plating was created by 1748 S
I'm looking at my emergency brake cables and the head light cables and wonder how I can cad plate them. Do I just have both the outer housing plated with the cables still inside them or what? I'm kind of lost here. I do see where I can remove the actual cables from the emergency brake housing but the head lights looks much more difficult or impossible to do.