Skip to main content

Westchester Interior

• pac32
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
25 Oct 2014 00:39 #28392 by pac32
Replied by pac32 on topic Westchester Interior
Thanks for responding, Yes I know the Cord at Volo has a ?leatherette? interior not Leather but in seaching pictures on the internet I found another Cord Westchester (different color than the Cord at Volo) that had a Leather interior with the same pattern as the Volo Cord. I thought if there were 2 out there it could have been one way the Westchesters could have come from the factory. Thanks all for setting this straight that a factory original Leather Pattern on a Westchester would have pleats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
23 Oct 2014 15:00 #28376 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Westchester Interior
This is good to know information about the closed cars having a leather seat option. I'm glad to know this so I can be more informed about these great cars. Seems the longer I look the more I learn. I do have plenty of questions about the Cords too.

• Pat Leahy
  • Registered
More
23 Oct 2014 13:34 #28375 by Pat Leahy
Replied by Pat Leahy on topic Leather interior
Looking at the sale info, the interior is not the original interior. It states it is "leatherette" nor leather. My take is that it was originally a standard Westchester (plain seats with only a middle cross welt) and was redone using (leatherette/vinyl). All of the Westerchester leather interiors I have seen are pleated type.

Pat Leahy

• pac32
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
23 Oct 2014 12:49 #28373 by pac32
I am satisfied that a Cord Westchester with the optional leather interior would come with pleats on the seats and door panels, thanks. If you look at this link volocars.com/1936-cord-810-westc ... 2oyhT.dpbs , of this cord for sale you will see what I mean about a leather interior on a Westchester without pleats. Does anyone know if this interior is done in an authentic pattern also? thanks

• E L
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
23 Oct 2014 03:00 #28370 by E L
Replied by E L on topic Westchester Interior
Sorry , SOME 36 fast backs

• E L
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
23 Oct 2014 00:32 #28369 by E L
Replied by E L on topic Westchester Interior
Hello 1748,
Beverly's from 36 and early 37's were mostly arm chair and used the C 90 body code that would indicate a fastback. They had the letter "S" in the vin to indicate Beverly. Therefore most 36 and some early 37's fastbacks are not westchesters.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
22 Oct 2014 20:39 #28366 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Cord leather interior
A Cord Westchester could be ordered with leather pleats. Jim Lawrence, who lives in Walnut Creek CA, has one with a green leather interior. The car, which is a 1936 and only one body number from Josh's Westchester, is also green it's original color. He has had the car since the early 1960's when I remember seeing it for the first time. He had it redone in leather some years ago as the leather had dried out. The headliner is original.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Oct 2014 17:15 #28365 by 1748 S
Well honestly since you posted this leather interior on a sedan I'm taken by surprise. I have never heard that leather was available in the sedan interiors. I'm not an expert but I have been around Cords since 1961. I feel I'm still learning lots lately too. This forum does have some great members that can answer this much better than me. Very sorry to confuse you. I do believe a Westchester had a smooth trunk where the Beverly had the bustle trunks. I don't think anyone can say thats not true. But if it isn't as I posted please. Someone straighten me out. Giving false information does nobody any good.

• pac32
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
22 Oct 2014 12:54 #28364 by pac32
I am still confused, I happen to have a Cord Beverly that has a pleated or tuft Leather interior done correctly, but I am looking for a Westchester. If you look at page 129 of Malks book you will see 3 drawings by Ken Ebert?s. One is labeled Cord Westchester leather interior and that one has pleats or tufts. I have seen A Cord Westchester that has straight leather patterned after a cloth interior but as I say done in Leather. Is this correct?

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Oct 2014 01:18 #28363 by 1748 S
I thought the Westchesters have a smooth interior and no bustle trunk where the Beverlys had the bustle trunk and the pleated, tuck n roll looking interiors. The Arm chair interior had the deeper looking individual seats with the non moveable fold down arm rest. Please correct me if what I'm posting is not correct.

• Visitor
21 Oct 2014 23:25 #28362 by
Replied by on topic Westchester Interior
The Ken Eberts drawing is of the Armchair Beverly,s interior. It is the interior trim that determines whether a Cord is a Westchester or a beverly, not the trunk style Ergo you are dealing with one of each, a Beverly and a Westchester, not two Westchesters.

• pac32
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Oct 2014 23:53 #28358 by pac32
Westchester Interior was created by pac32
I am still looking to purchase a very nice Cord Westchester. I recently found 2 for sale both have the optional leather interiors. One Cord has a pleated leather interior like the Ken Eberts design drawing in Malks last book the Cord Complete page 129. The other has a leather interior that is patterned after the cloth interior of a standard Westchester. Which is correct? Or are they both correct.