Skip to main content

Battery Cover

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
09 Oct 2014 20:06 #28309 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic Battery cover
Hi Albert: the disconnect switch will serve the same purpose. I personally prefer to pull the cables off the posts. No corrosion will form, and I can easily use a battery brush on the posts and cables before a reconnect.
Tim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Red Brick
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Oct 2014 16:38 #28307 by Red Brick
Replied by Red Brick on topic Battery Cover
Thanks, Tim. That's a good, practical idea to substitute an easy-access battery cover. As for disconnecting the battery,my car has a battery cut-off switch. I imagine the switch will let me accomplish the same thing as disconnecting the battery. Is that correct?
Albert

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
09 Oct 2014 13:40 #28306 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic Battery box
I don't think it is a major consideration in judging or authenticity. I think I am using 1/4-20 screws (or whatever fits) with a flat washer. I can't get to the two front ones easily, so I just fasten the two rear ones.
And I only put on the cover when the car is being judged. On a daily basis, I use a thin plastic cover; easily installed and removed. I always disconnect the Optima battery when the car is not in use.
CORDially, Tim.

• Red Brick
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
06 Oct 2014 06:09 #28287 by Red Brick
Battery Cover was created by Red Brick
My Cord's battery cover (the large, primary one - not the smaller access cover) is missing the fasteners to secure it to the battery box. Would someone please post a picture of the correct fasteners? Are they screws or bolts? Are there lock washers underneath? If no one can post pictures, I'd appreciate at least a description of the fasteners.

Thanks,
Albert