Skip to main content

Messages Stuck In Outbox

• Chuck Thornton
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Sep 2014 19:51 #28236 by Chuck Thornton
Replied by Chuck Thornton on topic Stuck in Outbox
Yes, that is my understanding as well. But in reality, the message will sometimes stay in the outbox even after the addressee has checked his messages. In any case no one seems to know of a work around so I guess the only alternative is to delete and start over. Thanks- Chuck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• convertiblesforever
  • Registered
More
24 Sep 2014 19:08 #28235 by convertiblesforever
Replied by convertiblesforever on topic outbox
It is my understanding that our private messages sit in the outbox until the recieving party opens their inbox to recieve the new message.

• Chuck Thornton
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Sep 2014 17:31 #28234 by Chuck Thornton
Replied by Chuck Thornton on topic Messages Stuck in the Outbox
Joe-
Thanks for your input. My problem is not with Outlook but with the ACD website. The "Outbox" I was referring to is that in the Forum messages program. I don't believe that Outlook is involved since I never see a record of the messages there. I have confirmed with the addressee that he never saw the message even after going to the ACD website to check. This problem only occurs some of the time and there seems to be no pattern. Thanks again for your thoughts- Chuck

• memaerobilia
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
24 Sep 2014 16:59 #28233 by memaerobilia
Replied by memaerobilia on topic Messages Stuck In Outbox
It depends on what email program you ar using. I use a VERY obscure/very old MAIN email program called Eudora. I like the way the searches and info are listed for easy finding of old subjects/and contacts. PLUS. most viruses are designed to infect Microsoft programs, and it avoids those.
But I DO use the regular Microsoft Office Outlook for emails with large photo file attachments. *And have the same problem you describe. After I type (and/or attach files) I hit "send" and then close it. But I found out, that the emails stayed there, unsent, every time. I found out that once i have initially hit the send button, and they remain in the unsent or Outbox file, and close it.
IF I re-open the Microsoft Office Outlook program AGAIN, and go to the unsent/Oubox list. I just clck on the list or the email, and they all get sent. So I am used to it now...

Joe G.
hundreds of our early photos or planes, racecars, customs classics @ www.memaerobilia.com

• Chuck Thornton
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Sep 2014 00:36 #28228 by Chuck Thornton
Messages Stuck In Outbox was created by Chuck Thornton
I am having a problem in trying to send messages which sometimes get stuck in the Outbox. I have tried editing or saving and resending but nothing seems to work. I have verified that the addressee has not received the message. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks- Chuck