Skip to main content

Radiator Water

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
20 Aug 2014 00:16 #27986 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Radiator Water
I hope you use some type of water pump lub and anti corrosive additive with your distilled water.
Cordially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
19 Aug 2014 16:23 #27983 by 1748 S
Radiator Water was created by 1748 S
So I was reading something about Josh Malks asking questions some time back bout a 3 or 4 inch radiator core making more or less heat transfer because of the thickness. Very interseting information too. Well I didn't read anything about running only steam distilled water. Its non conductive and there are no minerals that will drop out of it when the water heats up. I have read plenty about well water around the country ruining radiator with the mineral drop out. I had this happen in my new Ford diesel radiator I had to buy on the road once in Oklahoma City during a horse show some 15 years ago. I refilled with "that county water" and quality coolant. A very short time later I found the minerals dropping out and ruining my new radiator. Couldn't even pass the rods thru the turbes it was so bad.. Since finding this information about distilled water I run that in all my cars or pick up trucks. Has anyone else run distilled water in these Cords. I concider myself lucky to have 2 original honey comb radiators for use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.