More
07 Aug 2014 23:22 #27909 by Laresmn
Replied by Laresmn on topic Cord 812 elecric shift and Startix
Thanks Tom!

Paul Lares
1937 Cord Westchester
1937 Cord Custom Beverly SC
1937 Cord Phaeton SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
02 Aug 2014 01:16 #27887 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Wiring harness
If you need any type of original wiring harness for a Cord, Henry Portz of Arroyo Grande, CA makes them. His web site is: portzcordz.com. He also makes other items for Cords which are listed on his site. He does great work.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
02 Aug 2014 01:15 #27886 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Wiring harness
If you need any type of original wiring harness for a Cord, Henry Portz of Arroyo Grande, CA makes them. His web site is: portzcordz.com. He also makes other items for Cords which are listed on his site. He does great work.

• Laresmn
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
01 Aug 2014 21:34 #27884 by Laresmn
Replied by Laresmn on topic Cord 812 elecric shift and Startix
My car has the original engine and transmission. Thanks for the info and the lead. I'll be at Hershey this year if anyone is going there that wants to bring parts along.

Paul Lares
1937 Cord Westchester
1937 Cord Phaeton SC

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
01 Aug 2014 20:02 #27882 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Cord 812 elecric shift and Startix
Hello Paul.
First I need to ask if the original Lycoming engine is still in the car and is it front wheel drive too. Reasons for asking is some Cords were repowered and converted to rear wheel drive. And they had manual shifting or an automatic trans. So finding the complete vacuum electric shifting is a big deal. Many vacuum switches are needs as is many more electrical switches needed. You will need a wire harness to operate this too. There are a few places to buy this too. Might give Stan a call at Auburn cord Parts in Wellington Kansas or the Cord factory in Wagoner Oklahoma. No matter what you find its going to be a long search and very expensive too. I have seen the nos shift switch thats located in the steering colume control box on ebay for $1100.00. Under the front trans cover is several vacuum switches and mechanical controls along with electrical switches. The clutch peddle is connected to a switch that tells the trans it can only shift if the clutch is depressed. Now seeing you have a complete original Cord that shifts by vacuum electric you can look at that and tell yourself whats missing on your other Cord. That may be the easy way to determine what you need.

• Laresmn
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
31 Jul 2014 19:48 #27879 by Laresmn
Cord 812 elecric shift and Startix was created by Laresmn
So I just bought another (!) Cord 812 and this one has functioning electric shift and Startix. Super cool. My Beverly has been converted to manual shift. Does anyone have the COMPLETE setup to return my car to factory?

Paul Lares
1937 Cord Westchester
1937 Cord Phaeton SC