Skip to main content

Recommendation for someone to work on a 1937 Cord

More
01 Aug 2014 21:36 #27885 by Laresmn
Bud Wolf in Indianapolis has worked on a few. I can get you contact info.

Paul Lares
1937 Cord Westchester
1937 Cord Custom Beverly SC
1937 Cord Phaeton SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dennis Long
  • Registered
More
01 Aug 2014 14:30 #27881 by Dennis Long
Replied by Dennis Long on topic Recommendation for someone to work on a 1937 Cord
Keith,
I sent you a PM
Dennis

• kjo
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
31 Jul 2014 01:58 #27878 by kjo
I want to get it up and running, which will take a little re-assembly (put hood on, and some chrome like door handles), new tires, belts & hoses, brake work, but hopefully not much engine or transmission work. Then see about a new interior and convertible top, but that is not an immediate need.
- Keith

• Visitor
31 Jul 2014 00:45 #27877 by
Hi Keith,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cord ownership. From what you are describing the body style you have is a Phaeton. Cord actually said this was a 5 passenger convertible.

Are you looking for a shop that can get all the work done or or you looking for someone to jest get the car running and back on the road for now?

CORDially,
Jim

• kjo
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
30 Jul 2014 17:49 #27872 by kjo
I am sorry, I did not mean sedan (4 door), I meant 4 seater. It is a 1937 Cord, supercharged, 2-door, 4-seat, convertible. It is still front-wheel drive. The side-engine plate with the serial number is in a safety deposit box, but I cannot get to it until Saturday. I am new to ACD and the Forum: I have some pics of my Cord, but not sure if I can post them on the forum (I see there is an 'insert image' but not sure how it works). [/img]

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
30 Jul 2014 16:53 #27871 by 1748 S
Welcome to the club and the forum here. I'm not sure what car you have. You stating its a sedan convertable sounds like it may not be an actual Cord. SEdan means it has 4 doord. I don't recall the Cord making a convertable 4 door convertable. I'm no expert either and would love to see pics on this car no matter what it is. Please look on the passenger side of the cowl under the hood for the serial numbers and post them here. Then someone can tell you what you have. Can you tell us if the car is front wheel drive or rear wheel drive as it sits now. Reason for this question is some Cords got converted to rear wheel drive some time ago because of reliability and parts availablility too.l

• kjo
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
30 Jul 2014 16:23 #27870 by kjo
I am looking for recommendation / reference for a shop or person that can work on a 1937 Cord 812 supercharged convertible sedan (4 seater). The car is in Dayton, Ohio, and I?d prefer a place in Ohio or surrounding states (Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky). I recently inherited the Cord from my Dad: I think the engine / transmission are in good shape but it has not been started in 7 years. The hood is off, and the brakes need work. After it is running, the next priority is a new interior, and a new convertible top. Chrome has been re-done recently and some is installed. Body and paint are OK (my Dad painted it himself).