Skip to main content

Shifting fun 5

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
12 Jun 2014 15:13 #27677 by
Replied by on topic Shifting fun 5
Gary, looking at the way the interlock is set up, the only time I can see any strain on the lever is after a misshift. If after a misshift the clutch pedal is released, the shift interlock (see first picture) will not go in completely. The clutch pedal/rod system will keep the lever in tension. (keeping the clutch pedal depressed by about 1 1/2 inch)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 Jun 2014 14:39 #27668 by
Gary, I made a new lever with the dimensions we got to, angled the short side out a couple of degrees. Seems to work.

With clutch depressed there is no tension on the pull rod, with the clutch released the interlock pin clevis pin is a slip fit in the lever with the interlock pin pushed into the box as far as it will go.

Thanks for your help!
Frank

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
10 Jun 2014 16:58 #27664 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Shifting fun 5
In your first pic I have the same demensions you list. In the second pic this is what I have.
A -1 25/32 inch
B-1 1/8 inch
C- 3/8 inch
D-1 15/16 inch.
At the edge or the end of the long side just under the cut out there is a small piece thats beveled off thats about a 1/8 inch removel of the material. This might be there for clearance when the lever goes thru its motion in the rod that comes out of the trans.
Sorry about the wrong demension of the long side. I don't know what I was thinking. I wrote it down here but transposed it wrong to you. Thanks for waking me up.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
10 Jun 2014 12:22 #27663 by
Hi Gary, thanks!
Could you be off by an inch on the long side?

[img

This what I measure.

[img

Does the slot run all the way to the long side?
A ? Centre of hole to centre of slot
B is your 1 9/32
C is your 3/8
D is your 1(2?)5/32 (I measure 2 1/8 on mine)
Looking at the various pictures, there seems to be an angle E (8 deg ?)

Thank you for taking the time to find and measure the lever.
Thanks
Frank[/img]

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
06 Jun 2014 15:48 #27653 by 1748 S
Hello Frank. I found my lever finally and have the demensions for you. The size of the drilled holes is 1/4 inch. The center of the drilled hole to end of the long leg is 1 5/32 inch. The short leg center of the hole to the end is 1 9/32 inch. The depth of the slot is 3/8 inch and the width is 3/16 inch.. I think this lever is made square too. Mine was broken and welded up too. It has a 8 degree bend from center so its not a true right angle but I feel it should be remade too. I'm not sure why yours and mine have been broken but I wil be watching this thread for some answerrs too.
If you look at the pictures of Schlumpf's Cord special the pictures numbers 47, 68, 69 and 90 show this lever and the angle of the long leg much better than I can explain here without my pictures. Look at the group of pictures of the Special being assembeld. There is 254 pictures showing plenty of other items too.. I have been using the unrestored Gray Cord for pictures of how things were assembled from the factory. Thats Cord does have some added electrical items but I recognize that. Its really sad to see the passengers side of the block cracked so bad its pushed out past the cylinder head.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
06 Jun 2014 06:34 #27651 by
Gary, thanks for trying. I'll certainly look into why the lever broke.
Would like to know if this is a common failure.

Frank

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
06 Jun 2014 02:17 #27650 by 1748 S
Sorry but I can't find my lever. I removed it from my trans some time ago and do not recall where it is in my shop. Before you fix this lever I might suggest finding out why this lever broke. You might have a issue causing this.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
05 Jun 2014 18:43 #27649 by 1748 S
It will take me some time to get you the measurements so check back later today or tomorrow. I will have to remove mine from my trans.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
05 Jun 2014 15:27 #27648 by
Shifting fun 5 was created by
Just when everything seems to work......
[img

Does anyone have a drawing with the correct dimensions for hole spacing?
Thanks
Frank