Skip to main content

Steering Wheel

• ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
19 Apr 2014 05:34 #27396 by ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
Replied by ETHAN ALLEN TURNER on topic Steering Wheel
I believe Mark is right your car would have a later steering wheel. Remember the ACD company was not exchanging parts , do to economics. I do believe that if a dealer wanted to make the sale they would do what would be nessecary as in re-numbered cars.. I have seen one glove box lock on right side only 1937. makes sense.The only way to open the door is with the key otherwise you can't remove key unless the door is locked and that is on your key ring. Let me remind members no money in the till so diffrent vendors were used, as in steering wheels lets be cheap can't blame ACD, only the town of Auburn can, they lost jobs.

LIFE MEMBER #25 Man of the Year 2011 WHAT EVER WE DO FOR OURSELF DIES WITH US
WHAT EVER WE DO FOR THE WORLD STAYS
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mark Tomei
  • Registered
More
16 Apr 2014 06:44 #27392 by Mark Tomei
Replied by Mark Tomei on topic Steering Wheel
Hi:

I think a good answer for your question would be the later style finger grip steering wheel. The wrinkle comes in for early '37 cars and any renumbered '36 vehicles. Those cars can have either wheels due to production sequences and or even the dealer updating done to renumbered cars. That is to say that, it was entirely possible to update the look of a renumbered 1936 cars by changing the steering wheel and adding locking glove box doors. Just more interesting stuff I'd say.....

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 Apr 2014 05:08 #27382 by 1748 S
Steering Wheel was created by 1748 S
My 1937 beverly sedan has a smooth steering wheel. I'm guessing it came with that but I don't know. Can someone tell me whats correct for this car. Serial number is 1748 S if that helps. I understand that was towards the end of the 37 model run. Thanks for any help.