Skip to main content

Cadmium Plating

More
08 Mar 2014 16:59 #27154 by danbri
Replied by danbri on topic Cadmium Plating
David thanks for the info!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2014 15:46 #27149 by DavidK
Replied by DavidK on topic Cadmium Plating
A&A Plating also does cad plating. They are in Sacramento. The phone number is 916-997-1344 (Steve Casale). I've used them and like their work. I blast my bolts first, then tumble them overnight before having them plated. I found a small cheap tumbler at Harbor Freight that works pretty well. I use clear cad. It's not shinny. A lot of the shine depends on how smooth the part is and how many times it's plated. If you have a rough surface, it can end up looking like silver paint. They also do zinc which looks the same. Old cad plating used cyanide. Most cad plating today is a different process. You can get the old process but it's very expensive. I can't tell the difference between old cad, new cad, and zinc.

More
06 Mar 2014 05:08 #27148 by danbri
Replied by danbri on topic Cadmium Plating
I also need to have some items Cad Plated, is the correct plating dull or has a sheen to it. Seems like photos I see are the flatter type of Cad Plating? Hope my question makes sense. Referring to components in the engine compartment, Throttle linkage, Bolts etc Thanks

More
02 Mar 2014 03:15 #27140 by curt
Replied by curt on topic Cadmium Plating
There is also a place in Santa Barbara, believe it or not. Joes plating on lower state street. They do everything but chrome.

More
23 Feb 2014 19:17 #27097 by mbishop
Replied by mbishop on topic Cadmium Plating
I have used Eastwoods plating products and have been happy with the results. It's not difficult, but parts must be perfectly clean and rust-free. I've had to re-plate parts that developed rust spots where I hadn't properly prepared the surface.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
23 Feb 2014 02:49 #27092 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Cad plating
Thanks for letting me know that you got my info. It is the first time I have heard from anyone that they got my info.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Feb 2014 23:48 #27091 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Cadmium Plating
Thanks Tom for the phone number and address. I sure will contact them. Has anyone tried to Cad plate at home with the utube information. I have watched several videos and was wondering if its worth trying. Sand blast clean and see what happens...

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
12 Feb 2014 22:16 #26963 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Cad plating
Over the years I have both cad plating and chrome done by a place in Yuba City, CA. Their work has been very good, I have used them more than once.

There address is: 335 Garden Hiway, Yuba City, CA 95991
Phones are: 530-673-2360 or 1-800-573-2360

The owner is Rick Hutchinson

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Feb 2014 21:12 #26926 by 1748 S
Cadmium Plating was created by 1748 S
I live in the Los Angles area and in the future will need some parts to my Cord Cad plated. Is there a recommended location for this or am I on my own trying to locate one. I have been looking on Utube at the diy cad plating systems by using a battery chager and a bath of chemicals. Thanks for any help.