Heater Doors Adjustment

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
03 Feb 2014 01:58 #26866 by 1748 S
Heater Doors Adjustment was created by 1748 S
My heater doors are not aligned in the housings or to each other. I have taken them apart but have found no adjustments possible... Am I going to have to shim them off the top hinge in the cae so they line up with each other or am I missing something. Also I have not found any name of who made this heater. I have been told its an original Cord heater and very valuable. No matter, I wont be selling it. Many years ago I needed a shifting piece and I found someone local with one. That person asked what I had to trade. I felt I had nothing to trade. So he asked if I had a heater. Well yes I do. He said we could trade then. I offered $100.00 for the parts I needed and made a final offer of $300.00.. Nope was the answer and then this... "Gary you have what I want and I have what you want. You can't drive your car till you get what I have and my car is not a 100 points show car untill I get your heater. So money wont do you any good here".. Well that right there taught me a lesson I have never forgotten to this day. BTW that happened about 40 years ago. I ended up paying $100.00 for what i neded from Henry Portz...I looked online and saw this exact heater in the ACD parts list by Felix of Wagonar Ok. Sorry I can't spell his last name but we all know it well. Mine was black too but someone painted it a coppertone color as was the dash panel too from front door to door. These 2 doors sure do have a few ways they can be opened too. they just don't line up nicely when they are closed. Or it that how they are supposed to look out of alignment....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.