Skip to main content

Long Lost Phaeton?

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
30 Aug 2013 14:58 #25834 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Long Lost Phaeton?
Ron knows so much about the history of these Cords. I have talked with him many times about my 1748 S Beverly. Way back in 1975 I was surprised he knew of my Cord back then. I asked how he knew of it because it had been in a garage out of site since 1961 when my Dad got it. Before that is was also garaged. And before that it was gaaged by then then owner who was the president of the Tucker club. I have lots of letters proving this from a Mr. Bartels of the then ACD business. Dates on the letters gors back to 1949. So yes, Ron has the history but someone has to have actually seen the car and reported it to Ron. Thats how he knew of my Cord. someone saw it in one of the garages. I figured out it was when my Dad had bought it and aassembled one of the engines because he told me another engine was with the car but the original engine was not in the car. So someone knows of these cars. they just have to report them to Ron. BTW Ron lives about 12 miles from me. Its nice to know the history is that close by too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2013 06:25 #25832 by Kay
Replied by Kay on topic Long Lost Phaeton?
Hi Jim,

seems as if all the experts are in Auburn, so I give my two cents:

There is no such thing as a "factory list" of Cord automobiles. The list in Josh's book is a couple of years old and based on the information, the Cord 810/812 historian Ron Irwin has. His list is based on information, collected from other sources, e.g. the owners of the cars. If your father bought the Phaeton around 1950 and hasn't forwarded any numbers to the club since, it's perfectly logic, that your Phaeton is not in the list.

It would be nice, if you could forward your information (photos of numbers and cars, known history, previous owners) to Ron. So he can actualize his data. I sent you his contact data via email last week (Ron has no email unfortunately).

All the best from Germany!
Kay

-since 2012: Cord 812 S/C Custom Beverly
-Palm Beach Tan/Deep Maroon/matching #
-unrestored " Sleeping Beauty " condition
-same owner in Southern California '49-'12

• JimArneson
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
28 Aug 2013 19:23 #25825 by JimArneson
Long Lost Phaeton? was created by JimArneson
So... my new copy of Cord Complete arrived yesterday and I hurried to the Numbers Appendix to look up my dad's Cords. I cannot find his Phaeton on the list. His car has an ID plate with Car serial number 2243H and engine FB 1502. The book lists a 2242H and a 2243H but not his. Does this mean his car just did not make the list in Josh's book (i.e. the list is complete)?

Jim Arneson