ACD News Letter Article Correction

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
24 Aug 2013 00:44 #25796 by 1748 S
ACD News Letter Article Correction was created by 1748 S
I just got my news letter number 6 for this year. the article on page 10 needs a correction. Donald Cambell was not the last car to hold the piston engine driven land spped record holder. al Teague is the single engine ultimate land speed record holder at over 400 mph. He actually reached over 434mph on one pass too. Utube has several viedos of what Al has done. I was lucky enough to see and talk to Al in the whittier shop one year long ago. the car was a marvel of his engineering done over many years with no corprate sponsers. Only in the last year ot two did he have any big corprate sponsership. That was Gale Banks Engineering of Irwindale. Everyone knows of Gales fame too. I did enjoy this article too. Just wanted to add a small correction. Also if you go looking for information on Al look into Don Vesco and the Turbinater. Sadly we lost don to cancer a few years ago. He also holds land speed records but in 4 wheel drive gas turbine powered cars. A little differnt that what Al did. Nobody has driven faster in a single engine piston driven car than Al. Thats a feate to be reconed with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.