Skip to main content

How Best to Sell Parts?

More
19 Aug 2013 16:51 #25748 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic How Best to Sell Parts?
I think it depends on the amount of effort you want to go to. A parts dealer will give you wholesale for the lot and it will be fairly quick and easy. Or, you could haul everything out to the flea market at the festival and you would probably do much better. Finally, you could individually list everything on eBay and maximize the money but with much much more effort.

btw, your dad had a lot of cool stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JimArneson
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
19 Aug 2013 15:11 #25747 by JimArneson
How Best to Sell Parts? was created by JimArneson
At the risk of wearing out my welcome here... I would like to put in front of you very nice folks the most important question I'm facing related to my Dad'd collection of Cord parts. That is; How to best sell the parts.

We have already decided to offer the cars at auction and plan to put together as much of the original equipment as possible in single lots. This is very easy with the 1936 Phaeton (as it is an original car) less so with the two (36 and 37) Sedans. But even after putting parts together for these cars we have a big collection of additional parts. We are just starting to catalog all of the parts and should have a spreadsheet and photos in a week or so. Vanderbrink auctions support online and phone bidding and we can easily support packaging and shipping parts. The question is whether or not there might be a better way to sell the parts.

Any thoughts or experience will be appreciated.

jim Arneson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.