Skip to main content

1936 Cord 810 Sedan Questions

• Visitor
21 Aug 2013 01:26 #25765 by
Replied by on topic 1936 Cord 810 Sedan Questions
Hi Jim,

The information I have shows this car originally had engine FB 813 in it. Please keep in mind that there are no factory records that say what engine and transmission went in what car. All the info that we have has been pulled together of the years from a lot of different people looking at the cars and reporting the numbers.

I'd have to do a lot more digging but my first guess is that the transmission you have might have originally been in the car. One thing to note is the number stamped on the transmission is not in the usual place. They did stamp some very early transmissions in this area so I would think it is correct. I'm sure others will chime in here.

Good luck with your restoration and auction. I wish you were closer, I'd love to attend.

CORDially,
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
19 Aug 2013 14:49 #25744 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 1936 Cord 810 Sedan Questions
Thats a nice looking sedan you have. Sadly there were no supercharged 810 Cords made in 1936. Only the 1937 Cords had this option. Even your engine grillwork is not the outside supercharged exhaust type. Many here will agree telling you not to cut up your car to run the outside exhaust. Others will chime in with much more help. Its just slow coming sometimes. But its out there. This forum has so much information to offer plus the parts you want or need are in someones garage too. I was 10 years old in 1961 when Dad bought the 1937 Cord beverly sedan I now own. I still learn something about these cars and engines to this day too. Recently I learned these engines don't have a rear main seal on the cranks. they run a slight vacuum on the oil pan side of the engines to keep the oil from leaking out where a crank main seal would normally be installed. Nice touch too.

• JimArneson
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
19 Aug 2013 14:00 #25743 by JimArneson
1936 Cord 810 Sedan Questions was created by JimArneson
I'm feeling a little self conscious about these postings but... no one has asked me to stop yet.

A question in picture form.

My 1936 Cord 810 Sedan arrived (12 years ago) with this information stamped on the ID Plate.

S/N 1544A
Engine FC 3099

It arrived with transmission number T508 installed.

I presume that the supercharged engine is not the correct engine for this car. Can someone inform me as to the correct engine (and transmission) serial number for this car?

P.S. I already purchased a copy of Cord Complete It should arrive shortly!