1936 Cord 810 Sedan

• JimArneson
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Aug 2013 22:56 #25740 by JimArneson
1936 Cord 810 Sedan was created by JimArneson
I'm new here and not exactly sure where to post this but here goes...

My father, Ted Arneson, was a life long collector of anything related to the Cord Automobile. His collection includes four 36/37 cars, an L29 (chassis, running gear, and engine), as well as a building full of parts including 8 engines, and 11 transmissions.

We are putting nearly all of the collection up for sale in an auction scheduled for October 19, 2013 in Farmington Minnesota (Dakota County Fairgrounds). I am working to catalog and photograph all of the items included in the sale. I may need some help identifying some items along the way and hope that I might be able to post some photos and ask questions here.

None of his cars were restored. He bought the 1936 810 Phaeton and a 1937 812 (supercharged) Westchester Sedan in 1949 and 1950 for $250 each to (in his words) "save them from the junkyard". All of his stuff has been lovingly stored in clean dry places and is in great condition. He collected all manner of Cord parts over the last 65 years including right up to his death.

All of the photos of the cars and parts are available in albums on my photo sharing website.

jwpictures.smugmug.com/Cars/1936-Cord-810-Phaeton/i-D4kKWqw
jwpictures.smugmug.com/Cars/1937-Cord-810-Sedan-Oklahoma

Jim Arneson

<a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

A quick sample photo of the 1936 Phaeton below...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.