Skip to main content

headlight lenses 810-12

• stroker
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
02 Nov 2012 02:55 #23816 by stroker
Replied by stroker on topic installing headlight lenses
Ethan- Sorry for the time lapse in thanking you for the detailed "How to" for the lens installation- been busy getting the Cord back home and doing the usual fall cleanup stuff. I think you're right- installing the lenses on the car seems to be the way to do it. I ordered some 32-32 light bulbs from Stan, and I also have to find out why I can't get any juice to the bulbs, and then maybe I'll be successful installing them!

Pete

pete rhoads, restoring 810 phaeton 2241 H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
24 Oct 2012 03:46 #23760 by ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
Replied by ETHAN ALLEN TURNER on topic Assembly
It is much easier to do it in the car. If you are using the original sockets and plugs, that is a good place to start. Why, because you can check to make sure all your wiring is correct and the 50/32 bulbs or 32/32 ones work. and of coarse the parking bulbs as well. Install the silvered reflectors in your head-light retainers with the two slotted chrome plated special large flat or low profile headed retaining screws of coarse these are attached to the head-light retainers with all your springs and clips. Make sure your cork gaskets are attached, use some rubber cement to hold them in place,make sure your chrome plated retaining rings are attached to the head-light retainers, place your #3900 or similar lenses in place. Very carefully place your lens onto the reflector at a slight angle and tilt you lens in place with pressure straight on. I do not remember the issue that the line drawing were used to show this, Josh can help with this. If you like, I can do this with you or walk you through the process.

LIFE MEMBER #25 Man of the Year 2011 WHAT EVER WE DO FOR OURSELF DIES WITH US
WHAT EVER WE DO FOR THE WORLD STAYS
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• stroker
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Oct 2012 01:41 #23756 by stroker
headlight lenses 810-12 was created by stroker
Gents- On the Cord 810-12, Is it possible to remove the headlight reflector/shell assembly from the car and install the lens while on the bench, then reinstall the complete headlight reflector, bulbs and the lens back into the car fender?

Maybe I'm chicken, but I'm terrified thinking about cracking one of the lenses doing the assembly!

BTW, 2241H is now a complete, running and beautiful Cord 810 Phaeton!
10 years! Now to install Rick Hulett's trunk, carpet, door straps, top and armrests -seats, doorpanels and quarter panels are finished, ready to install.

Life is good, after all!

pete rhoads, restoring 810 phaeton 2241 H